Homebrew How do I export wii homebrew on devkitpro without a built in editor

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it with the shareware pak0.wad and it seems to work ok. The screen bounds are a bit off but it may have already been that way.

Reactions: kaisersozeh

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ive been working on it a while, but only just able to compile it for myself. Big leap forward. As you have the code infront of you would it be cheeky to ask a question?
I'm trying to use the nunchuck Z as a modifier so I can extend an extra set of function under the wiimote buttoms.
Ive treid it using quake's command line in a config but it's not perfect. EDIT - The modifier key isn't working as at all

I was wondering if i used the input c to send a keyboard stroke instead of a joybutton from the wiimote, changing Z to an Lshiftkey press would modify a 'b' to a 'B', and i could then map those keystrokes as separate entities.
Could you describe how i could do that?
There's an onscreen keyboard in the input c too, so I was hoping i coild basically copy and paste the logic and edit it to the relvant keys...
Edit: forgot to say thank you. Thank you!
EDIT:
TO be a bit clearer - in input.c line from 510 on, there are these type of statements -
Code:
           if ((wpad_previous_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT) != (wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT))
           {
               // Send a press event.
               Key_Event(K_RIGHTARROW, ((wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT) == WPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT));
           }

I'd like to be able to change "and the shift key is pressed, then send "K_DEL", else send "K_RIGHTARROW" " - but I have absolutely no idea of the syntax of such a thing
- i did try likely examples from the rest of the code - no joy!
bool keyboard_shifted = FALSE is defined line 60 and used in the on-screen-keyboard code - it was this variable I thought might be useful - can I use it?
If you could even just point me towards a relevant article about how I might construct the line that would be a big help

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes - I've already tried that - It just says,thanks for the L_shift what do you want me to do with it?
EDIT - I think I have to work out which keypresses are active from within the code
EDIt#2 I can do it with K_ type keys - it's just that it needs to read the status of the shift key before it sends the keypress

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How would the variable define which was sent?
WHat would that look like?
If key press and shift then A, else B - because each line is only initiated by the keypress - right?
To be clear the L_SHIFT shows up - but as an unassigned button in the interface

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I could send the keybaord event, rather than the character - i.e send a "d" press rather than the "d" character - would that use the shift press as a modifier key?

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Im using code found here
Github oibaf66 quakegx
I think I want to change input.c:513, which sends the event if the button is pressed.
On line 394, as part of the on-screen-keyboard handling,
If (z is pressed)
osk_set=osk_shifted;
Else
Osk_set=osk_normal;
So i'd like the value of osk_set to define what keypress is sent when you hit a button.
So line 513
If keypressed and osk_set=shifted
key event altleft
If keypressed and osk_set=normal
Keyevent left
Would that be how to do it?
Tried copying the syntax from the rest of the code, &&, but just can't get it to work.
@GreyWolf
EDIT: _ i got this to compile, but didn't work as expected
replaced
Code:
       {
           if ((wpad_previous_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) !=(wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT)0
           {
               // Send a press event.
               Key_Event(K_LEFTARROW, ((wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) == WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT));
           }
with
Code:
       {
           if ((wpad_previous_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) !=(wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) && (osk_set = osk_shifted ))
           {
               // Send a press event.
               Key_Event(K_F1, ((wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) == WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT));
           }
           if ((wpad_previous_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) !=(wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) && (osk_set = osk_normal ))
           {
               // Send a press event.
           }

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So essentially you want the buttons to do something different when the Z button is held down? That might take a little more work like in the on-screen keyboard code.

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes - it was a bit fingers crossed hoping the shift key would work!!
i got this to compile, but didn't work as expected
replaced
Code:
       {
           if ((wpad_previous_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) !=(wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT))
           {
               // Send a press event.
           }
with
Code:
       {
         if ((wpad_previous_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) !=(wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) && (osk_set = osk_shifted ))
           {
               // Send a press event.
           }
         if ((wpad_previous_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) !=(wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) && (osk_set = osk_normal ))
           {
               // Send a press event.
           }
Which compiled but only showed the leftarrow press, not the F1

@fledge68 suggested this
Code:
if ((wpad_previous_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT) != (wpad_keys & WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT))
{
if(osk_set = osk_shifted )
else
}
Which is only showing the F1, not the leftarrow
I copied and pasted across the relevant buttons and compiled
the compiler suggested
Code:
C:/sources/QuakeWiiFPS/source/src/wii/input.c:516:8: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value [-Wparentheses]
     if(osk_set = osk_shifted )

Any help realllly welcome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Its good if you have any important documents for say a business that you don't want... +1