Hacking How do I download game add ons if using backups?

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im using gateway with most recent emunand and Im interested in getting the new pack that includes RYU for my Smash Bros rom. Since im a noob, i wanted to know how to do this. What do i have to look for (CIAs, 3Ds, etc) and how to install?

Any help is greatly appreciated

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about updates rather than DLC, depending on firmware version and *I think* the game, you can install the game and then update on the Home menu, you don't even need to go into the eShop. I know this is possible on 9.8, don't know about firmware versions.

Reactions: drive88mph

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends if your backup is the same region as your 3DS, if its not you will need to get the .cia for sure, or if you're not up to date on firmware. generally you can look up (name of game dlc/update) on a certain website and you can find the files you need

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about updates rather than DLC, depending on firmware version and *I think* the game, you can install the game and then update on the Home menu, you don't even need to go into the eShop. I know this is possible on 9.8, don't know about firmware versions.
If there's an update available for the game, the Home Menu just takes you to the eShop page. If your System Version isn't the latest, the eShop will demand that you update. However, you can obtain a .CIA of the update and install that, and it'll work just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-