how do i create a time machine?

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yep would be great to go back in time to before Dec 21 2018 when the site was good and you weren't shit posting everywhere
It would not be great to go back in time until December 28, 2018, before the thieves stole all the technology of my house.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would not be great to go back in time until December 28, 2018, before the thieves stole all the technology of my house.
You know what NancyDS we have had our differences in the past but my above comment was probably still a bit harsh so I apologise whole heartedly.

Reactions: IncredulousP

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tape a cellphone to a microwave,
serveimage

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Let's all work together to make a time machine so as NancyDS can get his stolen stuff back.
Not only do I want to recover my stolen things, but I want to save his brother from his death in 2008, Orlandito, who died by sudden death.

If I want to recover my stolen things, I need a powerful futuristic weapon, called a Laser Ray Gun and for that, I need to travel several years to the future where a futuristic war occurs, probably in the Second Cold War or in the Third World War where they use such weapons .

With that I will kill the thieves who stole my things and I will avoid theft in my house

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am very bored and I want to do something cool too!
Awww. I can’t believe I’m actually posting something into “The Edge of the forum”… but this time I just can’t resist. I'm not satisfied with my post, it's way too short, has no references/links and I just looked up a few things on Wikipedia instead of doing real research.

When thinking about building a time machine, you have to differentiate between
  • time travel to the past
  • time travel to the future
Time travel to the past

While science did not yet completely outrule going back in time, it seems highly unlikely. At the current state of knowledge we can almost outrule the possibility. Yeah, that sucks! Oh how I would love to change the past…
To only give a few keywords:
  • principle of causality
  • grandfather paradox → possible solution: “many-worlds interpretation”… Okay??
  • exotic matter (“negative mass” How to imagine something with the mass of -1kg?)
Time travel to the future

This is very possible and has already been done. Astronauts on the ISS are moving very fast compared to the people on earth and travel a very small amount of time to the future. Not very much (only fractions of a second) but hey… it works. This effect may be very small, but it is there and the GPS satellites have to factor it in – else GPS would become useless very soon.
Using the effect of time dilatation (see Einstein’s (special) Theory of relativity) you can travel to the future. But to get a significant effect you would have to reach an (with current technology impossible) absurd high speed near the speed of light or absurd gravity (general relativity) deforming spacetime almost to a black hole.
To name a few keywords here:
  • twin paradox → this can be explained.
  • Project Daedalus (a hypothetical idea for gaining high speed)
  • Sergei Krikalev (Russian cosmonaut, traveled 22.68 milliseconds to the future compared to people on earth)

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries