How do I create a folder in a homebrew program?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by JackMacWindows, Dec 20, 2016.

1. JackMacWindows
    OP

JackMacWindows Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    United States
    Hello,
    I know this seems like a stupid question, but I am wondering how I can make a directory from a homebrew program. I am writing a program that installs homebrew from zip files, but I need to know how to create a directory to install most 3DSX files. I saw FSUSER_CreateDirectory() in the libctru docs, but that mentions archives which I'm not sure about.

JackMacWindows

2. teseting

teseting Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2016
    United States
    Do it the easy way and use
    Code:
     mkdir("/dir", 0777);
    also include
    Code:
    #include <dirent.h> // for more io features or you could just include <sys/stat.h> or <sys/iosupport.h>

but if you want to do more IO stuff you should probably know how to properly
    Code:
     FS_Archive sdArch;// you want to reuse this so keep it
    Result Res = FSUSER_OpenArchive(&sdArch, ARCHIVE_SDMC, fsMakePath(PATH_EMPTY, ""));
    FSUSER_CreateDirectory(sdArch, fsMakePath(PATH_ASCII, path), 0);

also just learn from other people as the code above was copied directly from
    https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/blob/e2b30c51c9c36a3289f8dd7584bd0ec18b9e5c48/source/sys.cpp

Last edited by teseting, Dec 20, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice