Hardware How do I cover scratches on the back of the console?

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I used a steel stand to keep the switch for a while, causing it to have some scratches on the back. Is there any way for me to cover them?

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, it is anodized aluminum and black ABS that the switch's chasis is made from.

Anodized aluminum is "theoretically" fixable with a steady hand, a graphite cathode, and a solution of dilute sulfuric and boric acids--- but I would not recommend. (needs high voltages, needs a clean area to clamp the anode of your plating machine, etc.)

ABS could theoretically be fixable with a synthetic fiber based felt-pen, loaded with an appropriate solvent, like hexane. (USE WITH CARE)

IRISH OS1R1S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I did. :)

20180912_175001.jpg

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used a steel stand to keep the switch for a while, causing it to have some scratches on the back. Is there any way for me to cover them?
Ever nitice how when something gets wet, the blemishes disappear? (ie the water fills them up)

Knowing this...
You could...

Let your Switch live in a fishtank
Or seriously now...

Lacquer the back to gloss it up. Achieves the same thing

Or use bullshit spray (as we call it in UK) - silicone spray like you use on car dashboards. Called bullshit spray because you put it on car plastics just before you sell it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1