Homebrew How do I Change the Hooktype (SDHC Method) for the SSBB Mod "Super Smash Bros. Infinite"?

Deleted member 488468

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've successfully installed all of the files for Smash Infinite, but that common bug on the Stage/Character Select thing happened. I made sure I have installed everything correctly by doing it twice, so don't ask if I checked to see if I did everything correctly.

Reading the FAQ & Troubleshooting given to me from the .rar file of the mod, it says to prevent both of the before mentioned softlocks from occurring, change your hooktype to AXNetFrame. The problem is, I have no clue how to do that. Don't even ask me to load it in USB Loader GX, because it can't read any of my USB Drives. There is also Gecko, but even doing the standard option, the settings you created will not apply to the mod or the PM Launcher, but can be patched to vanilla Brawl.

Any ideas?

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CountHomer69 The fuck? Smash Infinite uses a GCT like any other SSBB mod. Just put the Smash Infinite RSBE01.gct in SD:/codes, launch Gecko OS, set the hooktype to AXNextFrame, and hit Launch. Or if it says "Too many codes" then get a gameconfig.txt like this one and place it in the root of the SD card.

Attachments

• gameconfig.txt
    256 bytes · Views: 261

Deleted member 488468

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that again, and I had all the files in the right places. I STILL can't load Infinite through Gecko, because it just takes me to vanilla Brawl. Project M is the only way I can open it, and it just crashes again.

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that again, and I had all the files in the right places. I STILL can't load Infinite through Gecko, because it just takes me to vanilla Brawl. Project M is the only way I can open it, and it just crashes again.
Got Legacy XP 2.1 running via the Brawl channel, don't know about Infinite but maybe you can rename the Infinite root folder to ProjectM or LegacyXP, LegacyXP is using ProjectM as a base, must be the same with Infinite

Deleted member 488468

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FancyNintendoGamer567 I'm surprised no one EVER said that! Should I use Brawl EX's opener then?

@Flo_o Seen it, tried it, didn't work. I also tried using Brawl Stacker (or whatever it's called), but it's acting all weird and failed to read my SD Card. But do you need Brawl Stacker or do you not need it at all?

Deleted member 488468

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Thanks for Correcting me
2. If only I knew that before...
3. To do the method shown on the video? That's good news.
4. Okay, but Infinite uses Project M's opener to patch the mod. Since Gecko is currently giving me opening troubles, I'll look into MinimaLauncher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock