Emulator How come my emulators keep crashing?

Ax3_e0nS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very new to the whole homebrewing and emulating scene in general, so I have no idea where exactly I'm going wrong in regards to any of this.

For context: I have been attempting to use Hekate as my main homebrew (I have also been attempting to use emulators by manually downloading them because something keeps causing my hb shop to crash), but when I try installing and using the emulators I have (That being only RetroArch, ScummVM and mgba) not only do they crash my system whenever I try opening them they also don't even have the right icons. Their icons are of a switch with an exclamation point in the screen. Then, whenever I try opening the files for them, either I find that the files have moved elsewhere in the SD Card or are just completely missing. Is this a situation where I need to use a different homebrew? A different SD Card? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
all these emulators (I love and use it everyday) are working beautifully and should appear in Homebrew Menu, with their own icon.
You just have to put NRO in switch folder (or sub-folder) and all files/folders needed (retroarch folder at the root of the microSD card for example)

where did you bought your microSD card ? You should use h2testw to check if it's genuine or not. If fake, you can put it in the trashbin, because you won't be able to use it for anything : fake microSD cards are reflashed, fakers take 8GB card and reflash it to be like a 128GB for example. Until you write less than the real size of the microSD card, it works....the moment you write more than the real size, it starts to corrupt everything stored in it.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hekate is no a CWF, is a bootloader, the only CWF widely supported now is Atmosphére. You can download NRO files what are intended to be used inside the Homebrew Loader, or you can download Forwarders (NSP) what create access on the Horizon menu (like any game), you can too run Retroarch in either NRO or Forwarder.

Remember always to update your Sigpatches to the latest versions.

Ax3_e0nS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all these emulators (I love and use it everyday) are working beautifully and should appear in Homebrew Menu, with their own icon.
You just have to put NRO in switch folder (or sub-folder) and all files/folders needed (retroarch folder at the root of the microSD card for example)

where did you bought your microSD card ? You should use h2testw to check if it's genuine or not. If fake, you can put it in the trashbin, because you won't be able to use it for anything : fake microSD cards are reflashed, fakers take 8GB card and reflash it to be like a 128GB for example. Until you write less than the real size of the microSD card, it works....the moment you write more than the real size, it starts to corrupt everything stored in it.
... that actually explains a lot.

I ran the test and I'm 99% sure mines a fake. Not only has my computer been notifying me that something's up with the chip (which when I let the computer do the deleting of anything harmful nearly every file is gone afterwards,) but there's also the fact that the test said that the chunk that it verified was nearly all corrupted.

Guess that's what i guess for just blindly buying a micro sd card off amazon. Probably should have suspected as much before this point considering the card was sold as having 512GB.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I ran the test and I'm 99% sure mines a fake. Not only has my computer been notifying me that something's up with the chip (which when I let the computer do the deleting of anything harmful nearly every file is gone afterwards,) but there's also the fact that the test said that the chunk that it verified was nearly all corrupted.

Guess that's what i guess for just blindly buying a micro sd card off amazon. Probably should have suspected as much before this point considering the card was sold as having 512GB.
Yes, Amazon is full of knock off sd cards, I would personally try Sandisk or Samsung.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

ask for a refund on amazon, they take seriusly the fake support cases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1