Hacking How come I can't buy a gateway?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every site I try to buy from gives me the same error, bankinfo:do not honour. I tried using both my bank debit card which is a MasterCard and an entropay virtual visa. I've tried 3 of the sellers on the usa reseller list modchipfactory, modchipwarehouse, and one of the r4 ones. Is there a USA site that doesn't use the same payment processing as those?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
many banks block international transactions by default, try phoning them and say you intend to purchase something online and its being declined, they should be able to remove the block

Locke644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I never thought of that, but you'd think entropay wouldn't have the same policy.

Had the same problem. called my bank and everything worked out nicely. If that doesn't work, you could just contact them on the site you wanted to buy them and see if you could just do a PayPal transaction for the item (knew of a site that would do so, but that was years ago though :/

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar issue with trying to buy a Gateway with a cellular rebate debit card... kept getting HIGH RISK errors and stuff. My advise would be to try the secondary payment methods if possible: 3dsGamerWorld, where I ordered from, has a option which reroutes you to a US based payer, which worked for me. Other modchip sites have that option too, as far as I can tell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place