How come I can't buy a gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Subtle Demise, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Subtle Demise
    OP

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Every site I try to buy from gives me the same error, bankinfo:do not honour. I tried using both my bank debit card which is a MasterCard and an entropay virtual visa. I've tried 3 of the sellers on the usa reseller list modchipfactory, modchipwarehouse, and one of the r4 ones. Is there a USA site that doesn't use the same payment processing as those?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    many banks block international transactions by default, try phoning them and say you intend to purchase something online and its being declined, they should be able to remove the block

3. Subtle Demise
    OP

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Oh I never thought of that, but you'd think entropay wouldn't have the same policy.

4. Locke644

Locke644 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2015
    United States
    Had the same problem. called my bank and everything worked out nicely. If that doesn't work, you could just contact them on the site you wanted to buy them and see if you could just do a PayPal transaction for the item (knew of a site that would do so, but that was years ago though :/

5. Dragaan

Dragaan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2015
    United States
    California
    I had a similar issue with trying to buy a Gateway with a cellular rebate debit card... kept getting HIGH RISK errors and stuff. My advise would be to try the secondary payment methods if possible: 3dsGamerWorld, where I ordered from, has a option which reroutes you to a US based payer, which worked for me. Other modchip sites have that option too, as far as I can tell.

6. Subtle Demise
    OP

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I will give that a try.