How Change The 'Home Menu' To English In A Japanese Game?!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by sonictopfan, Mar 14, 2012.

1. sonictopfan
    OP

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Mar 2, 2010
    Hi all, sorry if this is been asked before but I looked around and found no solution, I have USB-loader on my Wii and I got Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary on it, along with the other two Puyo Puyo games (Puyo Puyo 7 and Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary) but since these games were only released in Japan they're Japanese region, therefore when I hit the 'home' button to exit the game both choices are in Japanese.

Now this isn't really an issue as I can simply choose the one on the left to exit, but I was wondering if there's an option in USB-Loader to patch the game's region so that the language in the 'home menu' is English again without affecting the game, I tried all options with no luck and I googled it but didn't see any topics about this, thank you!

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    There is a region patcher tool somewhere on filetrip I believe, use that to change the region of the game on your PC.

3. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    i though in the game language thing there was an option for english title

4. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    The home menu you see when you press home in a game is actually coded into the game. To change it you need to change the files on the disc/ISO.

5. sonictopfan
    OP

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Mar 2, 2010
    Thank you all for the reply, I had no idea it's coded to the game, does anyone know the name of the tool I should use? Thanks in advance!

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    TruchaSign or Wiiscrubber are the most known tools to extract/replace files.

I never tried to replace the home menu from a game to another one.