How can I transfer saves from old Emunand to new Emunand?

mydudedontberude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My emunand got corrupted and wouldn't boot so I made a new one but the new one doesn't have any of my old saves or installed games. I'm assuming that the games will all have to be reinstalled and that's no big deal (although if someone knows an easier way to get the games back I'd love to know). But I really don't want to lose all my save progress.

Both the old and new emunand are file based. I still have the old corrupted emunand on the SD card and I've got a complete backup on my PC of everything from the SD card prior to creating the new Emunand.

Is there any way to get back my old saves?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emunand got corrupted and wouldn't boot so I made a new one but the new one doesn't have any of my old saves or installed games. I'm assuming that the games will all have to be reinstalled and that's no big deal (although if someone knows an easier way to get the games back I'd love to know). But I really don't want to lose all my save progress.

Both the old and new emunand are file based. I still have the old corrupted emunand on the SD card and I've got a complete backup on my PC of everything from the SD card prior to creating the new Emunand.

Is there any way to get back my old saves?
This is the very reason why partition based emunand is superior

mydudedontberude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can try tegraexplorer
I tried launching it but the joycons rumble and then the screen just goes black (I think it's just console turning off). I downloaded the latest version and still have the same issue.

It's an OLED switch with one of the earlier HWFLY chips (v1 or v2, I can't remember)
Post automatically merged:

Is there any way I can just copy and paste files from the old Emunand to the new one to keep saves since it is file based?
Post automatically merged:

Someone else suggested NXNandManager but I think it's more for a partition based Emunand. I tried looking for a USER file but just couldn't find it. Is there a way to get it off the switch?

Last edited by mydudedontberude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo