Hacking (How) can I system transfer my CFW from my o3DS to my n3DS?

TurtleGamer63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I have an old 3DS with custom firmware (Luma3DS), and I'm getting a new 3DS in a couple weeks, and I need to know how to transfer my CFW from the old one to the new one, if that's possible. I have a few guesses: One being, if I install Luma3DS on the new one, then do a system transfer FROM the old one will I keep all my CFW stuff? Or if I install CFW on the new one, put my SD card in it, then do a system transfer from the old one, would that work? Or if I just did a system transfer would the CFW transfer too? And one question about the N3DS: Does it take full-sized SD cards, and if not is there a way to make a full-sized one work with an extension/addon, like if there was a thing that took full-sized SD cards and plugged into the headphone jack or something?

TurtleGamer63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I checked all the other things that might solve my problem on gbatemp but nothing helped... i couldn't find anything on google either.

TurtleGamer63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CFW the New one and system transfer, but not-legal apps such homebrews or pirated games will not transfer for obv reason.
will my freeshop games transfer? or can i just re-install them on the new one, backup my saves on the old one with JKSV (JK's Save Manager) to my pc and restore them on the new one?

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you transfer from cfw to cfw, I think you might keep everything. atleast I kept fbi and other homebrew while doing so. I hadn't non legal games on that system, so I don't know about them.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd back up all your saves just in case, using whatever the currently recommended method is. that way, even if they all get erased and you have to download the games again, you can just inject your previous saves.

Reactions: TurtleGamer63

TurtleGamer63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it sounds like i can CFW the new one, backup my saves on the old one, move them to my pc, do a system transfer, and re-download my missing stuff on the new one. So now that that's out of the way, does anyone know of a way to use a full-sized SD card on the new one, because from what I've seen it looks like the new one only takes microSD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is your n3ds System Version?
i have 11.6.0 on my old one.

I'm gonna try to get 11.3.0 on the new one, get Luma3DS like i did on the old one, then update to 11.6.0. like i said, I don't have my new 3DS yet, but I'm for sure getting one in about 3 weeks

TurtleGamer63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First how are going to cfw the new one?
Second i repeat if you cfw you can transfer hacked stuff
Third n3ds only works with microsd(i have a 32gb class 10 one)
on the o3DS, I think what i used is OCS and GodMode9 to get Luma3DS CFW which is what I want to do on the new one

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
So it sounds like i can CFW the new one, backup my saves on the old one, move them to my pc, do a system transfer, and re-download my missing stuff on the new one. So now that that's out of the way, does anyone know of a way to use a full-sized SD card on the new one, because from what I've seen it looks like the new one only takes microSD.

i have 11.6.0 on my old one.

I'm gonna try to get 11.3.0 on the new one, get Luma3DS like i did on the old one, then update to 11.6.0. like i said, I don't have my new 3DS yet, but I'm for sure getting one in about 3 weeks
You should get a 11.3 one and use soundhax like i did when i bought my n3dsxl and i updated to 11.2 since 11.0 needed update for browser

TurtleGamer63

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish you good luck to get a lower version 3ds and mod it (with whatever homebrew method you) as modding from 11.4+ it's a pain in the as* using free ways
yeah, IK. I think i remember seeing a tool to update/downgrade a 3DS to a specific version, so it might not be a super big deal (If i can find it again, and if it works. I have a backup of my 11.3 o3DS too, so i might be able to get some files from that to help me.)

Thank you everyone, for helping me with my questions. I think my problem is pretty much solved now. Thanks again!

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
yeah, IK. I think i remember seeing a tool to update/downgrade a 3DS to a specific version, so it might not be a super big deal (If i can find it again, and if it works. I have a backup of my 11.3 o3DS too, so i might be able to get some files from that to help me.)

Thank you everyone, for helping me with my questions. I think my problem is pretty much solved now. Thanks again!
Do not ever try to use o3ds os file on n3ds you should get ntrboothax if you want to pay like 20$ to get a flashcard. I was happy to help you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: