How can i say "I just said" to someone without sounding offensive?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was having an normal conversation to someone, when he forgot what i said earlier, i told him "I just said", he then commented on how offensive my statement was, when there was nothing wrong with what i said, i explained to him how i was sounding direct, then he backs up with claim stating "sometimes being direct is also offensive".

Is this true? Is saying that phrase really offensive? how can i say it without sounding offensive?

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I say fuck these people. It's like trying to ask how to not be offensive when asking how to not be offensive itself is offensive. The type of people who need that coddling safe space are better off ignored. If they are so offended by something so minor, chances are they have nothing intellectual to even talk about, and therefore aren't worth your time.
I actually had this happen.

Last edited by AbyssalMonkey,

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it mostly relies on tone of voice. If you say it quite frankly they could take offense, but if you say it more calmly it shouldn't offend very much. It could also just be that person, every person can take certain things differently

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I said it in the calmest way possible, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the conversation, it was only at that moment did he got triggered over the phrase "I just said", it was a casual way for me to say it.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't think the "I just said" part is offensive, unless you said it in an somehow offensive tone.
Honestly, the fact that they had to ask anyhow meant they weren't listening (that is assuming you enunciated properly, ie: maybe english isnt your first language?). It's a dick move, and he should have replied "the fact you weren't listening is offensive".

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the context of the situation, if you have to relay a point you just made, you could say "well, like I said," in a non-confrontational tone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It depends on the context of the situation, if you have to relay a point you just made, you could say "well, like I said," in a non-confrontational tone.
ninjaed

D

Deleted-401606

I was having an normal conversation to someone, when he forgot what i said earlier, i told him "I just said", he then commented on how offensive my statement was, when there was nothing wrong with what i said, i explained to him how i was sounding direct, then he backs up with claim stating "sometimes being direct is also offensive".

Is this true? Is saying that phrase really offensive? how can i say it without sounding offensive?

Bro you live in puerto rico. This isnt America were people are used to dealing with people with social deficits or people with aspergers.You run your mouth in the Rico and u might end up getting killed.You cant disrespect people in latin america bro you gotta try to be respectful. Its not USA where everyone just says whatever they want.

Reactions: laudern

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does your associate have a diagnosed short term memory condition? If yes then maybe moderate your tone (though like skipping your 2 year old's birthday it does not matter in the long run as they will likely not remember it), if no then "don't be a cunt" is a sound response to a claim of offence in that situation.

Simple way though
"Dude, I just said that". "Dude" makes people abide.

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bro you live in puerto rico. This isnt America were people are used to dealing with people with social deficits or people with aspergers.You run your mouth in the Rico and u might end up getting killed.You cant disrespect people in latin america bro you gotta try to be respectful. Its not USA where everyone just says whatever they want.
You make an excellent point might i add.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Offended by "I just said" really? That's hilarious.

This reminds me of the scene in The Nice Guys were Ryan Gosgling sayd "YES!" instead of "yes." in response to a grandma who had paid him to find granddaughter. The "YES!" sounded like he was glad she was dead which he corrected instantly. :rofl2:

There's always ways to sound condescending without a person noticing, but that "I just said" isn't one of those.

D

Deleted User

People getting offended over "I just said"
People don't get offended when i name them something like "retard"
Oh Earth is a weird place. I don't use English to speak so just use "Like i mentioned" instead like others said here.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on the tone in which it was delivered. If the person is overly sensitive, as they seem to be, adding a few words can help:

No offense, maybe you don't recall, but what I said earlier is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0