Hacking How can i save a Wii game in Real time while i'm playing?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I'm playing Metroid prime, and i sometimes need to go somewhere and i have no time to find save station to save my game so i can resume from that point, so i end up leaving my Wii turned on, i just press home button and sometimes it stays on the whole day so i can resume exactly where i left off.

So is there some way to save game in real time like some menu or whatever? On hacked wii ofc :yaywii:

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Some games save themselves easily, where you stop.
But other games have levels, from where you have to go to the next level to save.

Example:

Games ==> level 1 backup ==> Play to level 2 to save and so on ....

I hope I have been clear in my comments.

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: Metoroid0

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So is there some way to save game in real time like some menu or whatever? On hacked wii ofc :yaywii:
I don't believe there is a RTS feature on any Wii launcher/cfw. Sorry. Very rarely is there RTS on the native console itself, and when there is, it's a very unstable feature.

Reactions: Ryccardo

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I am aware there are no software (read IOS) side things to do it.

Theoretically you could use a http://wiibrew.org/wiki/USB_Gecko or something to dump memory and then restore it. Times for both actions would be fairly long though.

To that end emulation is the way. If it is just for metroid prime right now you can drop down to the GC versions as well and reduce the requirements if that is a concern. Alternatively if you are really invested you might also be able to do a more limited version of a savestate with a level skip/location and inventory cheat and assocated reads -- leave the game to load all the relevant textures, 3d models, levels... and just write in your location and the contents of your inventory (and maybe some other stuff that gets put into the save) and you effectively have a savestate.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only solution to your problem would be to get Dolphin on your computer & use its save state functionality. However, you might not have a fun time with Prime 3 if you use standard 5.0 instead of a beta.
Plus you can't really plug the sensor bar into your computer, and if you don't have a bluetooth adapter you can't pair your remotes either.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
As far as I am aware there are no software (read IOS) side things to do it.

Theoretically you could use a http://wiibrew.org/wiki/USB_Gecko or something to dump memory and then restore it. Times for both actions would be fairly long though.

To that end emulation is the way. If it is just for metroid prime right now you can drop down to the GC versions as well and reduce the requirements if that is a concern. Alternatively if you are really invested you might also be able to do a more limited version of a savestate with a level skip/location and inventory cheat and assocated reads -- leave the game to load all the relevant textures, 3d models, levels... and just write in your location and the contents of your inventory (and maybe some other stuff that gets put into the save) and you effectively have a savestate.
i was thinking some simple solution, like DSTWO cards for DS has. open meny, quick save, and close the menu, and when you need it you load from that point.
to mad there is no such option for Wii games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only solution to your problem would be to get Dolphin on your computer & use its save state functionality. However, you might not have a fun time with Prime 3 if you use standard 5.0 instead of a beta.
Plus you can't really plug the sensor bar into your computer, and if you don't have a bluetooth adapter you can't pair your remotes either.
i was speaking of Wii.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello,

Some games save themselves easily, where you stop.
But other games have levels, from where you have to go to the next level to save.

Example:

Games ==> level 1 backup ==> Play to level 2 to save and so on ....

I hope I have been clear in my comments.
yes, thank you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i was thinking some simple solution, like DSTWO cards for DS has. open meny, quick save, and close the menu, and when you need it you load from that point.
to mad there is no such option for Wii games.

Yeah we figured that is what you were heading for, and it a reasonable assumption if you are looking at the ways it plays out elsewhere. The way such things work in hardware though the wii is not really primed for -- its philosophy of hardware is newer than the older stuff where any code could go anywhere but not new enough that everything in a game is essentially just another program and thus you can stick something in the always present menu to handle it. To that end comparing it to the DS (which any code can access the hardware whenever it likes, and almost every game has an easy means to hook it to add your own code, to say nothing of it being how flash carts work) is not as great a comparison as you might initially think.

The more involved method I spoke of could well do well for you though and once done it will work just fine for that game -- have a computer or something fire off the commands to read the inventory memory and player location, power down or whatever and load back up before having it send all its previous reads back into memory. Would not want to do it for a conventional cheat engine outside of a boss rush type hack or challenge run but for a USB gecko and some device to handle it (probably a PC but there are other choices) it would be fine once you have done the legwork to figure out what is the minimum viable save and restore sections.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sub-50 for a >20k mAh battery with 100w PD charging? Fuckin sold