How can i restore a wiped partition on the RCM Loader One?

johndoegba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Restoration requires backup. No backup == no restoration
I have backups of it, and backups of those. But i can't use them since the RCMLoader is no longer seen as a drive to place my backup unto, not recognized in any partition manager either.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to update the frimware on the rcmloader. The original website (xkit.xyz) is shut down earlier this year so you need to track down a copy of the firmware yourself. Btw almost all rcmloader you get on aliexpress/amazon/ebay/wish/etc. are clones of the original rcmloader, so the original firmware might not work for your device.

Iirc the file system used on the SPI flash chip is yaffs2, maybe you can manually format the chip yourself with arduino.

johndoegba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try to update the frimware on the rcmloader. The original website (xkit.xyz) is shut down earlier this year so you need to track down a copy of the firmware yourself. Btw almost all rcmloader you get on aliexpress/amazon/ebay/wish/etc. are clones of the original rcmloader, so the original firmware might not work for your device.

Iirc the file system used on the SPI flash chip is yaffs2, maybe you can manually format the chip yourself with arduino.
Thank you for your anwer, the firmware fails to flash successfully, the LED continues blinking red and green. I don't have an arduino, i have a Raspberry Pi 3b though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good news for the five people that want two more +1