Hacking How can I remove the copy protection from a .bin save file?

Deniii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there's a method using Waninkoko's Savegame Exctractor and Savegame Installer but that only works with discs and I'm using a USB device (my Wii has that new drive).
I can extract the data.bin files with Preloader's hack on a friend's Wii but I can't copy them to my Wii (I don't want to install preloader).
So, does anyone know of a method to remove the copy protection from a data.bin save extracted with preloader?

Thanks.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who told you that only works with discs? it works with all saves. channels, disc, usb, even the internet & new HBC save data can be copied

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to decompose the data.bin - data.bin actually contains several files. You can do it on PC (several apps, I think FE100 can) or on Wii (SGM GX). Once you extract it open banner.bin with a hex editor. At the top, under "07", it should say "01", change it to "00". Recompile the save and the save will always be copyable.

NOTE: Some games re-enable copy protection upon startup. (Endless Ocean 2 is one of them, for example)

Deniii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried exctracting the save with Savegame Manager GX and opened banner.bin with the hex editor XVI32 however, at hex position 07, there isn't the number 01 but 11.
Here is the first row for of the banner.bin file:

57 49 42 4E 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I still tried changing the hex 11 to 00 but when I go back to Savegame Manager GX and try to install the save file, the app tells me it can't copy it.

The above method worked fine using Savegame installer and extractor but for me, it doesn't with Savegame Manager GX.

Could any of you do the above method with Savegame Manager GX?

I'll try using FE100 and see if I have better luck.
If anyone has more information or knows of any other way of disabling the copy protection, please post it.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: still, you're forgiven +2