Hacking How can i prevent my 3ds from updating?

ceoepts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay... I am buying a sky3ds for my 3ds xl but im really scared for it to update and cost me the 80€ im paying for the flashcard. How can i prevent my 3ds from updating in the best way?... Should i just try to do the nand thing here?

(im really scared of failing)

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol. relax, super over worried xD.

it can't update on its own, at all. it will ask you if you want it to update, and you just hit no. thats literally all there is.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could do what dawn said. You could also block the update servers using your router. Or you could just not have your 3DS connected to the internet.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Okay... I am buying a sky3ds for my 3ds xl but im really scared for it to update and cost me the 80€ im paying for the flashcard. How can i prevent my 3ds from updating in the best way?... Should i just try to do the nand thing here?

Simple, never use or create a Internet connection. Buy another 3DS for online legit play, if paranoia is a problem.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Honestly, this is the best solution. With this mod, you can make a backup of your system and restore it if you need to downgrade at any point. It also makes your system softbrick proof (as far as I know :P)

I failed it my first time, as I slipped and desoldered a resistor array, but my second go worked. I did mess up on the first time so badly that I now have electrical tape holding one side together, as I stripped a screw. That said, the ability it give me is really nice, and could easily be done without errors.

I covered all the sensitive electronics around the soldering point with hot glue to protect the board from me slipping up. Works well. :)

Alternatively, you could just block updates from the router, which will only work as long as it is your only internet connection, and has no downgrade options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1