OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi,
I'm now at Hong-Kong, and I found an Xbox Pro (Premium...?) Version of the Xbox360, includes with Wireless Controller, 60 gigs HDD, and crack (something to run backup copies, ill ask if its ixtreme 1.5) and i wanted to know, HOW can I identify if its the NEW xbox, 65NM or Jasper (something like that?)
It's really important for me to know so im not getting an old xbox that would get RROD in one day.
Oh, and btw, what other options are for running backup copies on Xbox? and is the ixtreme 1.5 the best? I'll check out all details.
It's kinda urgent, I won't be able to be there in a couple of days, so I would be happy for a straight answer within some hours.
And another last thing, about updating the Xbox through internet, is that going to effect the ixtreme? or getting me banned? or I can safely update through internet?

Thanks in advance, if everything will go as planned I'll be your next fellow for Xbox games :>

S

spectral

I dont know about the xbox versions but the hacked firmware is the only way to play backups. Also you'd be best waiting for the next version of the Ixtreme firmware as already some newer games wont work on 1.5.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2

That link details many methods of identifying your 360 version.

ixtreme 1.5 is the best at the moment, however, newer games are starting to use wave 3 video data. This is currently unsupported by ixtreme (it will be in ixtreme 1.51, which is due to be released shortly). Newer games that include the NXE update in the video partition will not boot on this xbox, so you might want to wait.

Updating the drive firmware varies from drive model to drive model, for some drives it's dead simple, and with others (namely liteon) you have to have a tool or do some soldering to be able to obtain the drive key. With flashing, or really any console modding, you run the risk of bricking your console, just if you follow the steps correctly, you should be fine.

Nobody knows exactly how bans work, but upgrading your drive from 1.5 to a newer version shouldn't get you banned, unless you boot your 360 up with no dvd drive connected.

pas7680

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check the power supply, the jasper if i remember correctly is 150w, the next ones were 170w and the old ones were 203w.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hm, 3rd wave and NXE dont say a lot for me (NXE is like the Mii function but in Xbox...?)
So, your main advise is to buy a NON-FLASHED xbox, and just flash it in a store right here when ixtreme 1.51 releases?
And the old ixtreme 1.5, will it be able to run GoW2 and Halo wars? Those are the most anticipated games on the xbox for me.

S

spectral

Thats what I'd do, or wait and buy the xbox after 1.51 is out. NXE is a lot more than just the avatars, the best option being able to install the games to the HDD to save wear and tear on the DVD drive,improve load times and make the 360 run quieter(you still need the disc in, it just doesn't load from it). It also has improved voice chat options,etc. Its irrelevant anyway, if you go online it will force you to update to it and if you dont then even on the old dash the games that contain the update still wont work on Ixtreme 1.5.

S

spectral

You could always buy one at home instead. If you dont wait for 1.51 you're going to end up with a 360 that can't play most new games.

S

spectral

Because a new xbox is likely to have a Lite-on drive which is pretty complicated to flash and its obvious from your post you have no idea how to do it. Also not all 360 games, even copied ones are region free.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I got a good store here that flash xboxs, I had there with my PSP and Wii, service is unbelievable.
so, I can:
buy flashed in Hong-Kong, then just ask them to update it to 1.51...
or just buying non-flashed and ask them to flash it.

S

spectral

Yeah if you know you can easily get it flashed there's not really a problem. Just keep in mind some US/Euro games might not work on it.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Yeah, you mean that theres no Full region free?
BTW, does ixtreme remove the region lock? or I will still need to download own region games?
Oh, and they guys at the store said the type of console (PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J) doesnt matter cuz it's hacked and it can read from other regions
is that true?

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iXtreme will only allow you to play burned back-ups, it has nothing to do with the consoles region-lock, which is stored in the motherboard. 360's can't be made region-free for the time being.

So you would have to look for games that work on NTSC-J, cause that's what they most likely sell in Hong-Kong.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hong Kong is half english, it was ruled by england til 2000, so they sell everything.
Hm, listen, I bought it, the Pro package, and just found out it's the 65NM version with 175W power supply, is that ok?
I read that 65NM is an improved processor and that aviods getting RROD so quick, but is that ok? or should I demand for a jasper?

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It was till 1st July 1997 -__-;;.

Anyway, sure you can try demand for Jasper... if they are that nice enough to exchange for it, where in Hong Kong did you buy it anyway...?

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
However, I heard that the jasper is mostly in the Arcade packages. and my mistake, I dunno history so good ^^
Hm, but the difference, do I need to get all this through by talking to them just to get a jasper? (If it was the first version that was another story, but the 65NM is not so old and it fixed most of the problems)
so, should I?

S

spectral

You can tell what region the 360 by looking on the box NTSC/J (Japan), NTSC/U (USA), PAL (Europe). If its NTSC/J most European and US games will not work. As previously mentioned the hacked firmware simply lets it boot backup games, region locks will still be in place. As for swapping it for a Jasper, you can try but I seriously doubt they would. They're under no obligation to give you a specific model. Unless they advertised it as a Jasper that is.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
spectral said:
If its NTSC/J most European and US games will not work.Actually, there's only a handful of region locked games and if you're looking for an English version of a game that's region locked, just get the "Asian" version which is in English and is NTSC-J.

You can use this guide to check for region compatibility: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360...uide-49-en.html

QUOTE(Boolbla @ Mar 7 2009, 04:52 PM) However, I heard that the jasper is mostly in the Arcade packages. and my mistake, I dunno history so good ^^
Actually I recently got an Asian region Pro Jasper (60gb, bundled with Lego Indy/Kungfu Panda). If you're buying in Sham Shui Po, just ask nicely to check for the voltage and when you say Jasper they should know what you're talking about.

Look for the 12.1A in the back of the console to make sure and look at the power socket:
rmnw4x.jpg

16gbibb.jpg

My unit (bought this Wednesday, March 4) came with the new 150W power supply but I think not all Jaspers ship with that and sometimes comes with the older 175W power supply but no worries about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...