Hacking How can i get rid of priiloader and update my wii please ?

REDBULL2K7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi just got this wii off ebay , it was sold as normal and the softmod and the hard mod werent mentioned , turns out its been softmodded and has a wasabi dx chip installed , the thing is it wont update from disk or the net and i want to install 4.3 on it , ive pressed the reset button whilst booting and it brings up a priiloader menu but theres no option to select that could be blocking me from updating ? and the wasabi dx menu has these options but there not selected so its not that either , any help would be appreciated .

thanks

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First of all, why do you want to update to 4.3? As far as I know, no game requires it.

Secondly, it sounds like the Priiloader hacks to disable disk and system updates was set. When you get to the Priiloader boot screen, press down on the Wiimote to get to the system hacks menu and enable updates, click save on the bottom and exit.

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
REDBULL2K7 said:
Hi just got this wii off ebay , it was sold as normal and the softmod and the hard mod werent mentioned , turns out its been softmodded and has a wasabi dx chip installed , the thing is it wont update from disk or the net and i want to install 4.3 on it , ive pressed the reset button whilst booting and it brings up a priiloader menu but theres no option to select that could be blocking me from updating ? and the wasabi dx menu has these options but there not selected so its not that either , any help would be appreciated .

thanks

Check what version of Priiloader you have, download it and uninstall Priiloader

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would not recommend getting rid of priiloader. Some of the more recent games will prompt you to update (even if you are on 4.3) and you won't be able to play from a disk without updating and breaking the softmod. Then again, if you dont care about softmod at all, go ahead.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
trumpet-205 said:
When you update a system menu, Priiloader is automatically removed. Just disable all Priiloader hacks and update the SM.
if thats possible.

there is a known bug that will prevent SM from updating itself (aka from online update or disc) when priiloader is installed
known for 0.4 and higher

source : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader#Known_Issues

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REDBULL2K7 said:

thanks

You will need to download a hacks.ini file (see here). Download and copy the file to the root of your sd card. THEN hold reset while powering on, go to hacks, and you should see them all. Disable the 2 that say Block updates. Alternatively, you could use ModMii to update your wii to 4.3. Just download the program, follow the prompts to select the 4.3 for your region and you should be good to go (regardless, make sure you install the latest hbc so 4.3 doesn't delete it).

-Erik

REDBULL2K7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers guys ive tried selecting hacks etc but it gives a error saying it cant befound , i think this is because theres no sd card with the software on ?. the wii is chipped anyways so dont really want the softmod will get a sd card and down load priiloader as mentioned above and try again .

thanks

REDBULL2K7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right just tried the hack.ini file on a sd card and it gives loads of options and the ones to stop it from updating are disabled but it still wont update , so i enabled the hacks and now instead of the game wanting to update it now works so thats good till one needs 4.3e lol, in the menu for priiloader theres no option to disable updates etc so i cant select it to disable it as mention above .

thanks

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No games will ever need 4.3 EVER. This is just not the way it works. Nevertheless you can download modmii and update it anyways. Newer games just need newer ios not a new system menu

llavalaurenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Magsor said:
No games will ever need 4.3 EVER. This is just not the way it works. Nevertheless you can download modmii and update it anyways. Newer games just need newer ios not a new system menu

really? i just rented super mario galaxy, and it requires a 4.3U update, in order for me to play it.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
llavalaurenn said:
Magsor said:

really? i just rented super mario galaxy, and it requires a 4.3U update, in order for me to play it.

Load it through neogamma and it will work... Like he said, 4.3 isn't NEEDED, the disc channel just thinks it is
smile.gif

-Erik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost...