Hacking how can i create 2 sd partition emummc with hekate?? can only create one emunand

loler55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
90036772_2804869709627096_8805339124723613696_n.jpg
i need to now how i can create 2 emunands partition based
i have formated my sd and make 3 partitions first is fat32 second and last is unformated
now i launched newest hekate and tryed to create sd partition emummc ..
but i cannot select raw 2 or raw 3
i can only create in raw 1
hekate shows me all 3 partitions but i cannot select the other partitions

thanks for help

file based emunand on 9.2 is totally broken launch in a blackscreen
only start after factory reset and after restart only blackscreen...

Last edited by loler55,

loler55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok i answer of my own question its worked now
https://gbatemp.net/threads/multiple-emummc-setup.552379/

- Make a backup of your NAND using Hekate or use an old backup, and then join the files as I explained in the previous post

- Format your SD card in FAT32, which is the storage system indicated for those who intend to use homebrews

- Create two partitions on the SD card, with the size previously indicated (I believe the ideal is to choose the "unformatted" option in Gparted Live, but maybe that doesn't even matter)

- First dd your emummc.bin to the second partition, using Gparted Live or you software of choice. Once finished, insert the SD card into the Switch, start Hekate and choose the "Migrate emummc" option. So you will have RAW2 available.

- Now click on "Create emummc". Hekate will find the first available partition, and will create your "stock emummc" (RAW1, a direct copy of your NAND)

i have missed one step ... we need to change foldername raw1 to raw2 after migrate and before install raw 1

now i have 2 raw emmunands
3 partitions first fat32 second let it unlocated and the last one unformated now dd to the last unformated one
migrate emmunand via hekate make sure you have raw 2 now change the folder name from raw 1 to raw 2 Change IT in cfg too now change unlocated partition 2 to unformated after that launch hekate install emunand as partition and you are should see raw 1 and 2 now

Last edited by loler55,

loler55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok i answer of my own question its worked now
https://gbatemp.net/threads/multiple-emummc-setup.552379/

- Make a backup of your NAND using Hekate or use an old backup, and then join the files as I explained in the previous post

- Format your SD card in FAT32, which is the storage system indicated for those who intend to use homebrews

- Create two partitions on the SD card, with the size previously indicated (I believe the ideal is to choose the "unformatted" option in Gparted Live, but maybe that doesn't even matter)

- First dd your emummc.bin to the second partition, using Gparted Live or you software of choice. Once finished, insert the SD card into the Switch, start Hekate and choose the "Migrate emummc" option. So you will have RAW2 available.

- Now click on "Create emummc". Hekate will find the first available partition, and will create your "stock emummc" (RAW1, a direct copy of your NAND)

i have missed one step ... we need to change foldername raw1 to raw2 after migrate and before install raw 1

now i have 2 raw emmunands
3 partitions first fat32 second let it unlocated and the last one unformated now dd to the last unformated one
migrate emmunand via hekate make sure you have raw 2 now change the folder name from raw 1 to raw 2 and Change IT in emunandcfg too now change unlocated partition 2 to unformated after that launch hekate install emunand as partition and you are should see raw 1 and 2 now
Sry mistake double post

Last edited by loler55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol