How can I completely transfer data between two PS Vitas?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by circuitry, Dec 27, 2012.

1. circuitry
    OP

circuitry Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2011
    United States
    I just bought a new PS Vita because my original unit developed a scratch on the front screen (I have no idea how...I'm an OCD gadget maintenance whore), so I'm selling it on eBay. Does anyone know how I can completely transfer data from the old to the new so that it's as if it was the old one sans the scratch (that I just cannot tolerate)? I want my icon layout, backgrounds, photos, games, saves, etc. to transfer completely. I've tried searching the topic and I just can't find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

-Man with zero tolerance for scratches

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    the layout might not be saved
    but
    make a system back-up with the old system
    deactivate it
    factory restore it

the restore the back-up to the other vita
    activate it

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I think that he'd have to register the other PSVita before transferring anything - I'm pretty sure that a System Restore backup from one system wouldn't work on another, but I have no way of validating that as I have only one PSVita.

The way I'd do it is registering both systems on your SEN account, then re-downloading (as you're allowed to do so) and finally unregistering the system you won't use anymore.

4. circuitry
    OP

circuitry Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2011
    United States
    Thank you! I'll try that. I guess layout's not that important. I mean, considering how few vita games and applications there even are... *sigh* Thanks for the help.

5. Weaselpipe

Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

Nov 18, 2010
    Somewhere Else
    If you are on PS Plus you can cloud store all your saves then re-download on the new one once it is linked to your PSN

6. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Um, move the memory card?

I moved the memory card from my old Vita to my new one and it had all my save data, games, files, etc. Only issue was that I needed to adjust the settings to my preferred ones as well as the backgrounds and such.