How can I acquire the BOOT0/1 file using ChoiDujour Version 5.1

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by fengbo, Sep 8, 2018.

1. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    I accidentally restored the BOOT0/1 file, and it caused a corruption, right now I can't launch the firmware. The author of hekate told me that I need to get the correct version of BOOT0/1, and I may then boot up the device again. right now it bricked, I can't launch the firmware, neither go back to the original system. it's really sad, and this is my first time to hack switch, a lot of stuff I don't know. please help me guys! Thanks !

2. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    please help

3. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    Oh boy.... do you have a backup? And I mean of boot0/1 for 5.x

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

if you don't, you're screwed. Unless you can get a decrypted warmboot from someone... but even then, you won't be able to use it without rcm mode.

4. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    I have one, but that doesn't work, so I can't recover it anymore?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Follow this tutorial to generate a new boot0/boot1 to transfer to your console. Note the boot0/boot1 it transfers will have AutoRCM installed.

6. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    AutoRCM=Automatically enter RCM ;)

It means you don't need a jig/paperclip/etc. to enter RCM.

8. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    Is it a good thing or not, so if I generate the new BOOT0/1 files and restore them back, then I can run the firmware? I heard that the BOOT0/1 will contain the serial number which is unique to each switch, can this generated file work on my switch? BTW, is my situation serious or not, I mean can I fix it?

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I have absolutely no idea where you heard that from and am quite curious who told you that, but you can generate a boot0/boot1 to use with your console with ChoiDujour. Just make sure you follow the tutorial I linked you and ignore the part about ChoiDujourNX. After you do so, the guide shows you how to transfer them as well.

10. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    thanks very much, I will try it right now, so my switch's problem isn't that worse, it can be fixed, right?

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It can be fixed, you will just be using a different payload to restore your boot0/boot1. This isn't the first time I noticed a user having an issue restoring those with Hekate.

12. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    thanks very much about that, I have some problem with "some recent-ish version of Hekate (the ones post sleep fix should work fine)" in the tutorial, I went to github CTCaer hekate, and I downloaded hekate_ctcaer_4.0, is this enough? Do I need to download another file below the hekate named "joiner_script"? , I am sorry if this bothers you, I am a noob...

And I don't need to do the step 1, because my switch isn't operating , right?

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Just follow the guide I linked you and ignore step 1 since your console is semi-bricked.

14. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    for step 5, it's impossible to do, because I can't use homebrew, Do you have a zip of those files?

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Step 5 are warez and must be retrieved outside of this forum. Either download an .XCI or pay close attention to any coughing in the tutorial.

16. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    Okay, here is a serious issue, when I go to step 8.2, I can't see any thing like "LINUX UMS DISK 0", instead I got an error message, it says D:\ is not accessible. the volume does not contain a recognized system.please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted" What should I do.
    And also in step 2, I can not get the TSEC KEY... only two keys received after I scanned the QR code...........

17. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    When I scan the biskey it doesn't have the crypt and tweak. and I can not keep going on step 8.4, could you tell me what should I then.... does it means I'm done

18. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    When doing this I remember that there was one of the partitions simply not present and I skipped it completely. I am not entirely sure if it was system though. Read through the thread, you should stumble across that information by others.

No, you are far from done.

19. fengbo
    OP

fengbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    China
    I completed the process, but it still doesn't work, right now when I try to launch the firmware, it shows "initializing... Identified package1 <'20180220163747'>, keyblobversion 4 , loaded package1 and keyblob"
    And still, I can not boot up the switch,
    actually my firmware is 5.10, does it make sense to complete the whole process? Why am I receiving that message, can I save my switch :-(

20. lostalice

lostalice Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2018
    United States
    Man this kids is why you make a full backup 1st. Sorry of your troubles