Hacking How can I acquire the BOOT0/1 file using ChoiDujour Version 5.1

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I accidentally restored the BOOT0/1 file, and it caused a corruption, right now I can't launch the firmware. The author of hekate told me that I need to get the correct version of BOOT0/1, and I may then boot up the device again. right now it bricked, I can't launch the firmware, neither go back to the original system. it's really sad, and this is my first time to hack switch, a lot of stuff I don't know. please help me guys! Thanks !

D

Deleted User

I accidentally restored the BOOT0/1 file, and it caused a corruption, right now I can't launch the firmware. The author of hekate told me that I need to get the correct version of BOOT0/1, and I may then boot up the device again. right now it bricked, I can't launch the firmware, neither go back to the original system. it's really sad, and this is my first time to hack switch, a lot of stuff I don't know. please help me guys! Thanks !
Oh boy.... do you have a backup? And I mean of boot0/1 for 5.x

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you don't, you're screwed. Unless you can get a decrypted warmboot from someone... but even then, you won't be able to use it without rcm mode.

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Oh boy.... do you have a backup? And I mean of boot0/1 for 5.x

if you don't, you're screwed. Unless you can get a decrypted warmboot from someone... but even then, you won't be able to use it without rcm mode.
I have one, but that doesn't work, so I can't recover it anymore?

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
AutoRCM=Automatically enter RCM ;)

It means you don't need a jig/paperclip/etc. to enter RCM.
Is it a good thing or not, so if I generate the new BOOT0/1 files and restore them back, then I can run the firmware? I heard that the BOOT0/1 will contain the serial number which is unique to each switch, can this generated file work on my switch? BTW, is my situation serious or not, I mean can I fix it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a good thing or not, so if I generate the new BOOT0/1 files and restore them back, then I can run the firmware? I heard that the BOOT0/1 will contain the serial number which is unique to each switch, can this generated file work on my switch? BTW, is my situation serious or not, I mean can I fix it?
I have absolutely no idea where you heard that from and am quite curious who told you that, but you can generate a boot0/boot1 to use with your console with ChoiDujour. Just make sure you follow the tutorial I linked you and ignore the part about ChoiDujourNX. After you do so, the guide shows you how to transfer them as well.

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have absolutely no idea where you heard that from and am quite curious who told you that, but you can generate a boot0/boot1 to use with your console with ChoiDujour. Just make sure you follow the tutorial I linked you and ignore the part about ChoiDujourNX. After you do so, the guide shows you how to transfer them as well.
thanks very much, I will try it right now, so my switch's problem isn't that worse, it can be fixed, right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks very much, I will try it right now, so my switch's problem isn't that worse, it can be fixed, right?
It can be fixed, you will just be using a different payload to restore your boot0/boot1. This isn't the first time I noticed a user having an issue restoring those with Hekate.

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It can be fixed, you will just be using a different payload to restore your boot0/boot1. This isn't the first time I noticed a user having an issue restoring those with Hekate.
thanks very much about that, I have some problem with "some recent-ish version of Hekate (the ones post sleep fix should work fine)" in the tutorial, I went to github CTCaer hekate, and I downloaded hekate_ctcaer_4.0, is this enough? Do I need to download another file below the hekate named "joiner_script"? , I am sorry if this bothers you, I am a noob...

And I don't need to do the step 1, because my switch isn't operating , right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks very much about that, I have some problem with "some recent-ish version of Hekate (the ones post sleep fix should work fine)" in the tutorial, I went to github CTCaer hekate, and I downloaded hekate_ctcaer_4.0, is this enough? Do I need to download another file below the hekate named "joiner_script"? , I am sorry if this bothers you, I am a noob...

And I don't need to do the step 1, because my switch isn't operating , right?
Just follow the guide I linked you and ignore step 1 since your console is semi-bricked.

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Step 5 are warez and must be retrieved outside of this forum. Either download an .XCI or pay close attention to any coughing in the tutorial.
Okay, here is a serious issue, when I go to step 8.2, I can't see any thing like "LINUX UMS DISK 0", instead I got an error message, it says D:\ is not accessible. the volume does not contain a recognized system.please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted" What should I do.
And also in step 2, I can not get the TSEC KEY... only two keys received after I scanned the QR code...........

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Step 5 are warez and must be retrieved outside of this forum. Either download an .XCI or pay close attention to any coughing in the tutorial.
When I scan the biskey it doesn't have the crypt and tweak. and I can not keep going on step 8.4, could you tell me what should I then.... does it means I'm done

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When doing this I remember that there was one of the partitions simply not present and I skipped it completely. I am not entirely sure if it was system though. Read through the thread, you should stumble across that information by others.

When I scan the biskey it doesn't have the crypt and tweak. and I can not keep going on step 8.4, could you tell me what should I then.... does it means I'm done
No, you are far from done.

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
When doing this I remember that there was one of the partitions simply not present and I skipped it completely. I am not entirely sure if it was system though. Read through the thread, you should stumble across that information by others.

No, you are far from done.
I completed the process, but it still doesn't work, right now when I try to launch the firmware, it shows "initializing... Identified package1 <'20180220163747'>, keyblobversion 4 , loaded package1 and keyblob"
And still, I can not boot up the switch,
actually my firmware is 5.10, does it make sense to complete the whole process? Why am I receiving that message, can I save my switch :-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have