Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What backups do you have >??

Do you have a backup of boot 0/1 ?
Do you have a full emmc raw gpp backup ? >>Rawnand.bin ?
What system version was you using when you backed up ?

Download and run a payload called biskeydump.bin with tegra instead... Found here > Click
Save your biskeys.

With the above guide linked by @Draxzelex
you only need to use choidujour to extract sys build from update files..
And not follow the whole guide,
if you have followed the whole guide and did not have your biskeys then its not going to work as to follow the whole guide you need to enter your biskeys which you said you do not have .

So instead

get a copy of the update files from the same system version of your switch backup by a cart dump xci,
or via
AUTO X *cough* B *cough* INS < Clue in caps

extract the update files with chodujour
STEP 5: ACQUIRE THE UPDATE YOU WISH TO INSTALL
Currently supported versions are: 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, 2.3.0, 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.1.0, 5.0.2, 5.1.0 (will support more in the future)
WARNING WARNING WARNING: Running a FIRMWARE >= 4.0.0 WITHOUT REPLACEMENT FS_XXX_nogc.kip1 ACTIVE WILL MAKE YOUR CARTRIDGE PORT UNUSABLE ON EARLIER FIRMWARES.
It can be in any form that contains firmware titles, like:
  • A cartridge XCI that contains the update (dumped from your switch using homebrew or pegaswitch, of course)
(If you are conserving space, JUST the UPDATE partition from a cartridge will work as well!)
These are common cartridges and firmware versions they contain:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2/ Mario plus Rabbids Kingdom Battle/Cars 3 Driven to Win (2.1.0)
Splatoon 2/ Sonic Forces (2.3.0)
Pokemon Tournament DX (3.0)
Batman The Telltale Series/ Syberia 2/ The Elder Scrolls V. Skyrim (3.0.1)
Attack on Titans 2/ Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (3.0.2)
Bayonetta 2/ Gal Gun 2 (4.0.1)
Kirby Star Allies (4.1.0)
  • NCA/romfs/hfs0 containing all the firmware titles inside
  • FOLDER containing all the firmware titles inside, which you can get in a couple of ways:
    • from someone else who has the installed firmware you want by asking for their SYSTEM:/Contents/registered folder
    • from your own switch if a "System update is pending" in your system settings, the whole SYSTEM:/Contents folder (with placehld and registered)
    • *cough* xbins *cough*
.. in the output folder of choidujour should be boot0/1

Format sd card to exfat

Restore your original emmc/nand backup by placing your rawnand.bin inside the restore folder in the backup folder on your sd card. the folder hekate creates
then place the boot 0/1 files outputted by choidujour into the restore folder on your sd card
Restore with hekate boot 0/1
Then restore Rawnand.bin

Boot cfw/stock via hekate payload, as autorcm is applied to the boot0/1 choidujour outputs automatically.

You should be good to go...

Its important you get your biskeys now before you try to restore anything...... and is important you use the same system version of files your switch was running before you broke it,

Last edited by Canna,

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If that guide did not help AND you don't have another backup, you will have to buy another Switch. You most likely did not follow the guide properly so I highly suggest following it again.
I've already followed the guide three times, and I did the exactly what the guide said,

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stop posting in every forum, it's unrelated and spam.
sorry

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
What backups do you have >??

Do you have a backup of boot 0/1 ?
Do you have a full emmc raw gpp backup ? >>Rawnand.bin ?
What system version was you using when you backed up ?

Download and run a payload called biskeydump.bin with tegra instead... Found here > Click
Save your biskeys.

With the above guide linked by @Draxzelex
you only need to use choidujour to extract sys build from update files..
And not follow the whole guide,
if you have followed the whole guide and did not have your biskeys then its not going to work as to follow the whole guide you need to enter your biskeys which you said you do not have .

So instead

get a copy of the update files from the same system version of your switch backup by a cart dump xci,
or via
AUTO X *cough* B *cough* INS < Clue in caps

extract the update files with chodujour
STEP 5: ACQUIRE THE UPDATE YOU WISH TO INSTALL
Currently supported versions are: 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, 2.3.0, 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.1.0, 5.0.2, 5.1.0 (will support more in the future)
WARNING WARNING WARNING: Running a FIRMWARE >= 4.0.0 WITHOUT REPLACEMENT FS_XXX_nogc.kip1 ACTIVE WILL MAKE YOUR CARTRIDGE PORT UNUSABLE ON EARLIER FIRMWARES.
It can be in any form that contains firmware titles, like:
  • A cartridge XCI that contains the update (dumped from your switch using homebrew or pegaswitch, of course)
(If you are conserving space, JUST the UPDATE partition from a cartridge will work as well!)
These are common cartridges and firmware versions they contain:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2/ Mario plus Rabbids Kingdom Battle/Cars 3 Driven to Win (2.1.0)
Splatoon 2/ Sonic Forces (2.3.0)
Pokemon Tournament DX (3.0)
Batman The Telltale Series/ Syberia 2/ The Elder Scrolls V. Skyrim (3.0.1)
Attack on Titans 2/ Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (3.0.2)
Bayonetta 2/ Gal Gun 2 (4.0.1)
Kirby Star Allies (4.1.0)
  • NCA/romfs/hfs0 containing all the firmware titles inside
  • FOLDER containing all the firmware titles inside, which you can get in a couple of ways:
    • from someone else who has the installed firmware you want by asking for their SYSTEM:/Contents/registered folder
    • from your own switch if a "System update is pending" in your system settings, the whole SYSTEM:/Contents folder (with placehld and registered)
    • *cough* xbins *cough*
.. in the output folder of choidujour should be boot0/1

Format sd card to exfat

Restore your original emmc/nand backup by placing your rawnand.bin inside the restore folder in the backup folder on your sd card. the folder hekate creates
then place the boot 0/1 files outputted by choidujour into the restore folder on your sd card
Restore with hekate boot 0/1
Then restore Rawnand.bin

Boot cfw/stock via hekate payload, as autorcm is applied to the boot0/1 choidujour outputs automatically.

You should be good to go...

Its important you get your biskeys now before you try to restore anything...... and is important you use the same system version of files your switch was running before you broke it,
I don't know how to extract the files using chodujous, but I have a file folder which is from a forum, it contains all the files that I need, it called NX_5.1.0 something. And by using that, I skipped a all the process in the guide, and started from the step8, but I do get my biskey via QR code. and when I tested it, it was a success. but I I doen the whole process, it doesn't work.... I think if I just restore the thing what you said, it remains the same

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to extract the files using chodujous, but I have a file folder which is from a forum, it contains all the files that I need, it called NX_5.1.0 something. And by using that, I skipped a all the process in the guide, and started from the step8, but I do get my biskey via QR code. and when I tested it, it was a success. but I I doen the whole process, it doesn't work.... I think if I just restore the thing what you said, it remains the same

Wow.. Ok listen .

1.Format your sd card to exfat

2. If you insist on using the files from that nx 5.1.0 folder then only use the boot0/1 files
move boot0.bin boot1.bin from nx 5.1.0 folder, to the restore folder inside the backup folder on sd card..

Folder structure
Backup > NandID >> Restore folder <<Place boot1 and boot 0 here.

3.Place your backup Your rawnand.bin into the restore folder inside the backup folder on your sd card.

Folder structure
Backup > NandID >> Restore folder <<Place rawnand.bin here.

4 Boot switch into hekate bootloader.

5 Restore Boot 0 and Boot 1 With hekate..

6 Restore rawnand.bin with hekate

7 Boot into OFW (Stock) by using hekate

The boot 0 /1 you restore will have auto rcm already in them and will boot to black screen when you restart the switch , you need to boot into hekate and run ofw or cfw from there to load.

Simply If your skipping steps in a guide and expect it to work then it will not..
You had mentioned you did not have a full biskey dump and you cannot follow the no burn fuse guide without a full biskey dump

That is why i told you to redump your biskeys with the biskey dump payload...

If you do not wish to listen or follow the advice given then i no longer can help you,

You also need to provide more information on what you are doing your process also.. and the files you maybe using...

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Wow.. Ok listen .

2. If you insist on using the files from that nx 5.1.0 folder then only use the boot0/1 files
move boot0.bin boot1.bin from nx 5.1.0 folder, to the restore folder inside the backup folder on sd card..

Folder structure

3.Place your backup Your rawnand.bin into the restore folder inside the backup folder on your sd card.

Folder structure

The boot 0 /1 you restore will have auto rcm already in them and will boot to black screen when you restart the switch , you need to boot into hekate and run ofw or cfw from there to load.

Simply If your skipping steps in a guide and expect it to work then it will not..
You had mentioned you did not have a full biskey dump and you cannot follow the no burn fuse guide without a full biskey dump

If you do not wish to listen or follow the advice given then i no longer can help you,

You also need to provide more information on what you are doing your process also.. and the files you maybe using...
Thanks for helping me , actually I do have the full biskey by using biskey dump ver4. and I followed the entire guide except step1 , because my boot0/1 were corrupted. and I skipped step3 - 8, because I don't know how to get those files, and I have a NX5.10 folder provided by a forum. so I followed the rest of those guide, I used HacDiskMount, and I tested those keys, they are worked fine, but at the last, I was still unable to boot the switch.
Is it because I did not use the correct SD card files?
Could you explain more, Do I only need to copy the boot0/1 and rawnand according what you said ? I do not need to put more files on my SD card right? and Could you give me the hekate bin? I do have one, but I want to follow exactly what you said . Again, thanks for helping me

Wow.. Ok listen .

Folder structure

Folder structure

And if you have time, I want to explain the whole process to you. and where am I right now
1. I used the folder a forum provided, I copied the sd card file into my SD card, and then I used the hekate3.2 to boot my switch, after those process, it success, I did back up at that time, but I think the back up process was messed up. Because I only get a 4GB's rawnand file. But I don't know these much at that time
2. The switch worked fine, but I want to connect to internet to unlink my nintendo account, so I restored the BOOT0/1 ,and I try to restore the rawnand. but it failed, because its size only 4GB, and after that , my switch bricked, when I try to launch firmware using heakte, it said can not find package1. and at this time, I backed up the rawnand file agian. and its size is 29GB, and this is the only backed up file I have right now
3. I copied a boot0/1 from a friend. and I tried to restore that, it still didn't work, but it started to prompt "initializing... loaded package1 and keyblobs" and it stucked at there.
4. I started to look help form this forum, and a good guy told me I need to follow that guide to restore my boot0/1 , then I tried to follow it, but I skipped the first step, because my boot0/1 isn't good, and I realized that the step3-8 is too hard for me, and I can get a NX5.10 folder, which is similar to what the guide said after step8.(Note that I did get the full biskey via biskey dump ver4). and I followed the entire guide after step8. but it still didn't help, I am not sure if I messed up the last step. because when I try to use hekate, I copied the SD file (from this link https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases). and I also replaced the hekate.ini as the guide said so. and I used hekate3.2 to boot the switch, but when I tried to launch the cfw. it still showed the same message as before

Last edited by fengbo,

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Wow.. Ok listen .

Folder structure

Folder structure

Failed to restore according to what you said, because the boot0/1 in the NX5.1.0 are with extensions .bin , I guess, what should I do?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And by using that, I skipped a all the process in the guide, and started from the step8

thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-15163551.png

OK WOW. You skip like all steps that generate the files that you need for your specific console and then wonder it doesn't work.
You absolutely need to get your own biskeys, and also need to generate the console-specific image files as described in Step 7.
Can't just use them as they come.

Just follow the damn train tutorial to the point and then be greeted with a wonderfully working Switch.

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

OK WOW. You skip like all steps that generate the files that you need for your specific console and then wonder it doesn't work.
You absolutely need to get your own biskeys, and also need to generate the console-specific image files as described in Step 7.

Just follow the damn train tutorial to the point and then be greeted with a wonderfully working Switch.
I have the biskey ,when I did the turorials. And you know what, I have those files which is generated by a forum, and I think it can be used by myself?. because I can follow the rest of the guide to recover the switch. like they asked me to copy the xxx from the NX5.1.0 folder, or they asked me to varify my biskey, I can do all of them. but still, it deosn't work

Someone also said that that tutorial only recover a 1.5MB boot0, and that may be the reason why it doesn't work, because I lost the whole BOOT0. how do u think

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for helping me , actually I do have the full biskey by using biskey dump ver4. and I followed the entire guide except step1 , because my boot0/1 were corrupted. and I skipped step3 - 8, because I don't know how to get those files, and I have a NX5.10 folder provided by a forum. so I followed the rest of those guide, I used HacDiskMount, and I tested those keys, they are worked fine, but at the last, I was still unable to boot the switch.
Is it because I did not use the correct SD card files?
Could you explain more, Do I only need to copy the boot0/1 and rawnand according what you said ? I do not need to put more files on my SD card right? and Could you give me the hekate bin? I do have one, but I want to follow exactly what you said . Again, thanks for helping me

And if you have time, I want to explain the whole process to you. and where am I right now
1. I used the folder a forum provided, I copied the sd card file into my SD card, and then I used the hekate3.2 to boot my switch, after those process, it success, I did back up at that time, but I think the back up process was messed up. Because I only get a 4GB's rawnand file. But I don't know these much at that time
2. The switch worked fine, but I want to connect to internet to unlink my nintendo account, so I restored the BOOT0/1 ,and I try to restore the rawnand. but it failed, because its size only 4GB, and after that , my switch bricked, when I try to launch firmware using heakte, it said can not find package1. and at this time, I backed up the rawnand file agian. and its size is 29GB, and this is the only backed up file I have right now
3. I copied a boot0/1 from a friend. and I tried to restore that, it still didn't work, but it started to prompt "initializing... loaded package1 and keyblobs" and it stucked at there.
4. I started to look help form this forum, and a good guy told me I need to follow that guide to restore my boot0/1 , then I tried to follow it, but I skipped the first step, because my boot0/1 isn't good, and I realized that the step3-8 is too hard for me, and I can get a NX5.10 folder, which is similar to what the guide said after step8.(Note that I did get the full biskey via biskey dump ver4). and I followed the entire guide after step8. but it still didn't help, I am not sure if I messed up the last step. because when I try to use hekate, I copied the SD file (from this link https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases). and I also replaced the hekate.ini as the guide said so. and I used hekate3.2 to boot the switch, but when I tried to launch the cfw. it still showed the same message as before

Ok so my method will not work for you... i tell you why...

You have just told me that your first backup of rawnand was only 4gb ,, well thats not enough,, you then told me you tried to restore that 4gb which did not work..now i do not know but if you made a backup of a non working nand you may of just replicated the issue in your nand backup so your rawnand.bin maybe useless to just simply restore without rebuilding it... but still keep your backup as it holds your prod information..

I recommend that you follow the no fuse burn guide..

And start from STEP 7,

Acquire the NintendoSDK Firmware for NX 5.1.0-3.0 folder from the NX-5.1.0.zip

Extract the folder

Rename the NintendoSDK Firmware for NX 5.1.0-3.0 folder to something manageable like NX510

make a new folder inside the c: drive called Choidujour.

Place your keys.txt /Nx510 folder/choidujour files/and hactoolfiles. into the root of the folder you created..

C:\Choidujour << Place keys/nx510 folder/choidujour/hactool in this folder..

Open command prompt with admin privileges

And change directory to

cd C:\Choidujour

Then type

ChoiDujour.exe --keyset=keys.txt C:\Choidujour\NX510

Press enter

your choidujour should now start creating system files for you to use with hackdiskmount
and output them to a folder within C:\Choidujour

Inside that folder that choirdujour outputs should be boot 0 boot 1 copy those to the restore folder inside the backup folder on sd card

Backup\Restore\Place boot 0 boot 1 here ..

Now before we try anything else restore those with hekate bootloader first and see if you can boot into horizon...

If you cannot boot the switch normally then
Continue with the guide from step 8.1
Follow from this step exactly and take your time...

I do not recommend you keep your user settings, as this may cause you more issues, but it is your choice, id rather have my switch fixed and not be a paperweight then have my saves, but you can choice to save or not to save..
As it may or may not work if you keep user settings..

Also once you restore boot0 boot 1 the switch will have auto rcm automatically installed and will goto rcm mode when you turn the console on showing you nothing but a blank screen, boot hekate and run stock or ofw...

You do not need to edit or replace the hekate ini file as you are restoring the same system version...

If you still have issues trying to boot, i recommend you use payload called briccmii v2
and uninstall auto rcm.. reinstall auto rcm then uninstall auto rcm again then boot the switch normally without a jig or rcm mode

Last edited by Canna,
Reactions: KyroAp

fengbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ok so my method will not work for you... i tell you why...

You have just told me that your first backup of rawnand was only 4gb ,, well thats not enough,, you then told me you tried to restore that 4gb which did not work..now i do not know but if you made a backup of a non working nand you may of just replicated the issue in your nand backup so your rawnand.bin maybe useless to just simply restore without rebuilding it... but still keep your backup as it holds your prod information..

I recommend that you follow the no fuse burn guide..

And start from STEP 7,

Here are the nx-5.1.0 files > Download < Mods these are update files only

Extract the folder

Rename the NintendoSDK Firmware for NX 5.1.0-3.0 folder to something manageable like NX510

make a new folder inside the c: drive called Choidujour.

Place your keys.txt /Nx510 folder/choidujour files/and hactoolfiles. into the root of the folder you created..

C:\Choidujour << Place keys/nx510 folder/choidujour/hactool in this folder..

Open command prompt with admin privileges

And change directory to

cd C:\Choidujour

Then type

ChoiDujour.exe --keyset=keys.txt C:\Choidujour\NX510

Press enter

your choidujour should now start creating system files for you to use with hackdiskmount
and output them to a folder within C:\Choidujour

Inside that folder that choirdujour outputs should be boot 0 boot 1 copy those to the restore folder inside the backup folder on sd card

Backup\Restore\Place boot 0 boot 1 here ..

Now before we try anything else restore those with hekate bootloader first and see if you can boot into horizon...

If you cannot boot the switch normally then
Continue with the guide from step 8.1
Follow from this step exactly and take your time...

I do not recommend you keep your user settings, as this may cause you more issues, but it is your choice, id rather have my switch fixed and not be a paperweight then have my saves, but you can choice to save or not to save..
As it may or may not work if you keep user settings..

Also once you restore boot0 boot 1 the switch will have auto rcm automatically installed and will goto rcm mode when you turn the console on showing you nothing but a blank screen, boot hekate and run stock or ofw...

You do not need to edit or replace the hekate ini file as you are restoring the same system version...

If you still have issues trying to boot, i recommend you use payload called briccmii v2
and uninstall auto rcm.. reinstall auto rcm then uninstall auto rcm again then boot the switch normally without a jig or rcm mode
Nope, I restored the non-working nand, that's true, but it didn't work, it showed restored fail, because it can not find correct file. after that , I backed up my rawnand again, and it worked, I got a 29GB nand. and I followed the entire guide , but it still doesn't work. the author of the hekate told me that the choi only restored 1.5MB of the BOOT0. he siad that the keyblobs in my boot0 may be corrupted, I need to restore the keyblobs back ,how do you think ? or I just follow what you said above?

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I restored the non-working nand, that's true, but it didn't work, it showed restored fail, because it can not find correct file. after that , I backed up my rawnand again, and it worked, I got a 29GB nand. and I followed the entire guide , but it still doesn't work. the author of the hekate told me that the choi only restored 1.5MB of the BOOT0. he siad that the keyblobs in my boot0 may be corrupted, I need to restore the keyblobs back ,how do you think ? or I just follow what you said above?
above exactly....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.