Nateman101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not how to build an alternative
ps: don't link any tutorials, they wont work with modern devkitpro builds.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently you have to set up the Switch Environment on your Computer. There are Tutorials for PC Builds, Linux, Switch, Vita, I think PS3, PS4, and others. Just have to follow those Directions, and you should hopefully be able to do it. There are some ready made Builds, but they are old, I think. Would be nice for someone to Build a more recent Build with the Luigi Keys included, and recent Updated Graphics

Nateman101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently you have to set up the Switch Environment on your Computer. There are Tutorials for PC Builds, Linux, Switch, Vita, I think PS3, PS4, and others. Just have to follow those Directions, and you should hopefully be able to do it. There are some ready made Builds, but they are old, I think. Would be nice for someone to Build a more recent Build with the Luigi Keys included, and recent Updated Graphics
I tried following any guide i could, and it still fucking hates me

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
LibNX stuff breaks all the time because they're always changing the names of functions and data structures for seemingly no reason. If the code you have is a few months old you'll probably need to go through any undefined functions from the compiler output and find what the new names are.
This page might be helpful. https://switchbrew.github.io/libnx/dir_04a7e0b94d44ce4fc7ca3462163fd33c.html

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: Smoker1

BryanTheArchivist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just delete my C:\MSYS64 folder and try again the compilation steps on https://gbatemp.net/threads/mario-64-port.564633/post-9149081 and I was be able to compiling the PC and Switch version. hope these instructions help you.
By following this guide the most recent Render96 build works on Switch or the most recent SM64EX? I have been trying to compile for Switch for a few days now from a few different repos with no luck. Every time I reach the Switch step the compiler fails.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
on May 8 following each step the program was compiled without problem, tomorrow will test again starting over and let you to know, but I think nothing has changed on the code nor the DevKitPro since may 8 th.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
By following this guide the most recent Render96 build works on Switch or the most recent SM64EX? I have been trying to compile for Switch for a few days now from a few different repos with no luck. Every time I reach the Switch step the compiler fails.
I take the opportunity, just have to install a new laptop for my wife. so follow the guide on https://gbatemp.net/threads/mario-64-port.564633/post-9149081 and found some typos, a pair of BBCode where not belong and a hard to see Hyphen what was replaced by a horizontal line so generates errors.

Believe me, – is not the same what - in almost all fonts are at the same high but the first is a little bit wider, for computers are so different as "A" and "z".

Corrected all fails and errors and reinstall the computer, starting again with the corrected guide all compiled without problems and generate a EXE file and a NRO program.

Please follow the guide again and you should get a compiled NRO.

I did get a error when installing DevKitPro packages but was about high latency downloading files from devkit.org, my internet connection has been bad last weeks, but re running the command all installed ok.

Thanks for your feedback.

BryanTheArchivist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take the opportunity, just have to install a new laptop for my wife. so follow the guide on https://gbatemp.net/threads/mario-64-port.564633/post-9149081 and found some typos, a pair of BBCode where not belong and a hard to see Hyphen what was replaced by a horizontal line so generates errors.

Believe me, – is not the same what - in almost all fonts are at the same high but the first is a little bit wider, for computers are so different as "A" and "z".

Corrected all fails and errors and reinstall the computer, starting again with the corrected guide all compiled without problems and generate a EXE file and a NRO program.

Please follow the guide again and you should get a compiled NRO.

I did get a error when installing DevKitPro packages but was about high latency downloading files from devkit.org, my internet connection has been bad last weeks, but re running the command all installed ok.

Thanks for your feedback.
I am not sure if it has copyrighted assets, would you be able to share the NRO? I am going to attempt this build tomorrow with Render97 dynos and hopefully the omm if it's compatible. Did you apply any patches? And which lines, in particular, did you find those errors or will I know them when I see them?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No can do, the NRO contains copyrighted code and assets so it's a no, no, because that you need to provide a legally obtained original ROM file in order to compile the code.

Sorry.

BryanTheArchivist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No can do, the NRO contains copyrighted code and assets so it's a no, no, because that you need to provide a legally obtained original ROM file in order to compile the code.

Sorry.
No problem, I have my own legal dump of the game!

Did you use any special patches?

And are you compiling Render96's branch or sm64nx's? If using Render96's branch, are you using the master or tester builds? If the ladder is true it will truly be exciting to play as Luigi and Wario on real hardware!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock