How are you finding Windows 10 so far?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Dec 16, 2015.

?

How are you finding Windows 10 so far?

1. Good

24 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. OK

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. Mediocre

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Could have been a better OS.

13 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Admittedly it is working fine now but earlier today Windows 10 had a scheduled update and it took 30m-1hr to install it which was a drag because I assumed it was something like restart and pronto, but no. It was to the point of feeling like installing a fresh copy from the start and even when opening the user account it was still setting things up.

It also mentioned of "new features" but I didn't see any so far and honestly I was already happy with it before updating so all these updates feel somewhat useless and pointless. I'd go back to Windows 7 but that would necessitate to reinstall, reorganise and so on. I'll only truly install Windows 7 when 10 decides to stop working (I hope it never happens).

2. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    actually i have seen 3 easy to fix bugs so far, using 5 computers... so that's rather good...

3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    I don't like it. Slower than 8.1 on my tablet. Randomly broken start menu and jump lists. Forced updates. Privacy concerns.

CitizenSnips likes this.
  4. colt05

colt05 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    agh I hate Windows 10. Stupid Cortana shows up at random times (while I'm playing minecraft) and it constantly opens a window called "How to get help in Windows 10" when I accidentally hit the F1 button. Maybe they should have it so that you have to hold the F1 button for 3 seconds for that to up?

5. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    It's ok, for the moment, better than 8.1 by far for my parents pc, also using it at my laptop, no problems so far.

6. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    No problems so far!

7. jDSX

jDSX Is a furry

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    Mixed feelings here the major thing is my internet acts up on it, didn't do so before when I had 8.1 installed, that and some software isn't running like it should.

One step forward, two steps back.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  8. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    Much better compared to 7/8

A few bugs at release, and those are fixed on my end.

Ammako and nxwing like this.
  9. BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2015
    i had it for about 10 mins and promptly went back to 8.1. i felt it too invasive and to be honest absolutely terrible in the looks department. it lacked colour shepe and innovation. it all looked very very flat to me and kinda childish....sorry....

10. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Win 10 makes my laptop fans spin faster for no reason. I hate noisy laptops, so I downgraded back to 8.1.

11. Boy12

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Meh, I downgraded back to 7.

12. Davidson23

Davidson23 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2015
    Mexico
    When i first installed it i had a lot of problems with Cortana randomly freezing the menus but after a few updates i've never experienced the same problem again
    And i feel the updates are less intrusive as it never prompts me to update and just does whenever i turn off the computer, back in Win7 even when you could disable the automatic restarts you'd still get the annoying pop-up every few hours

Also it's a lot faster to start-up on my laptop compared to Win7, 10 seconds and i'm already using it versus 40 seconds or so from Win7

13. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Got it on both my laptop and Pc works good, no trouble with it. well I did have a few folders on my laptop I couldn't delete for some reason had to download a program to get rid of them. Other than that no problems

14. colt05

colt05 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    You can go back?

15. Boy12

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    I just completely formatted my HDD and reinstalled Win 7 from a USB.

SomeGamer likes this.
  16. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    it does have lots of problems on my side, sometimes the desktop icons don't happear, (press f5 several times, they randomly shuffle between the real icon or the default icon)
    i had a time my start bar didn¬ęt happear
    sometimes it glitches and i can see the desktop navigate folders, but i can't open anything..
    the windows calculator now takes seconds to load (there is a stupid starting screen)
    privacy concerns.
    half of the settings are in the settings menu, while the other half is on the controll painel..
    some days ago the language button appeared on my start bar i couldn't find the settings to make it dissapear, and now it's randomly gone...

however it boots really fast...

17. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Well as a Computer Technician I actually like Windows 10 except for some stupid rules about administrating the OS ... (like as an Administrator you still do not have all Administrator rights)
    They took over some good features from 8 without that horrid metro ui and some are going in the right direction.

The thing about big updates sure is annoying maybe they will find a solution for this soon, and there are still a lot problems with Edge and some settings are "hidden" rather bad now but if you have some experience with windows it doesn't take much time to get trough everything just fine.

18. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Get Windows 8.1 and Classic Shell. (Almost) Windows 7 experience without Aero, but with fast booting!

19. Lucar

Lucar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2015
    Canada
    Came Pre-Installed on my new Lappy, haven't had too many problems, and all the problems I have had were easily fixable.

Still prefer Windows 7 though. (Can't make a comment about 8, since I've never used 8 before)

20. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I've only used it a little bit since my laptop broke a couple months ago, (which was only a few months after I upgraded) but it was pretty good for the short time I used it. I don't think I really had any issues.