Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Mediocre

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Could have been a better OS.

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Admittedly it is working fine now but earlier today Windows 10 had a scheduled update and it took 30m-1hr to install it which was a drag because I assumed it was something like restart and pronto, but no. It was to the point of feeling like installing a fresh copy from the start and even when opening the user account it was still setting things up.

It also mentioned of "new features" but I didn't see any so far and honestly I was already happy with it before updating so all these updates feel somewhat useless and pointless. I'd go back to Windows 7 but that would necessitate to reinstall, reorganise and so on. I'll only truly install Windows 7 when 10 decides to stop working (I hope it never happens).

colt05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agh I hate Windows 10. Stupid Cortana shows up at random times (while I'm playing minecraft) and it constantly opens a window called "How to get help in Windows 10" when I accidentally hit the F1 button. Maybe they should have it so that you have to hold the F1 button for 3 seconds for that to up?

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's ok, for the moment, better than 8.1 by far for my parents pc, also using it at my laptop, no problems so far.

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mixed feelings here the major thing is my internet acts up on it, didn't do so before when I had 8.1 installed, that and some software isn't running like it should.

One step forward, two steps back.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
i had it for about 10 mins and promptly went back to 8.1. i felt it too invasive and to be honest absolutely terrible in the looks department. it lacked colour shepe and innovation. it all looked very very flat to me and kinda childish....sorry....

Davidson23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When i first installed it i had a lot of problems with Cortana randomly freezing the menus but after a few updates i've never experienced the same problem again
And i feel the updates are less intrusive as it never prompts me to update and just does whenever i turn off the computer, back in Win7 even when you could disable the automatic restarts you'd still get the annoying pop-up every few hours

Also it's a lot faster to start-up on my laptop compared to Win7, 10 seconds and i'm already using it versus 40 seconds or so from Win7

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
China
it does have lots of problems on my side, sometimes the desktop icons don't happear, (press f5 several times, they randomly shuffle between the real icon or the default icon)
i had a time my start bar didn«t happear
sometimes it glitches and i can see the desktop navigate folders, but i can't open anything..
the windows calculator now takes seconds to load (there is a stupid starting screen)
privacy concerns.
half of the settings are in the settings menu, while the other half is on the controll painel..
some days ago the language button appeared on my start bar i couldn't find the settings to make it dissapear, and now it's randomly gone...

however it boots really fast...

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well as a Computer Technician I actually like Windows 10 except for some stupid rules about administrating the OS ... (like as an Administrator you still do not have all Administrator rights)
They took over some good features from 8 without that horrid metro ui and some are going in the right direction.

The thing about big updates sure is annoying maybe they will find a solution for this soon, and there are still a lot problems with Edge and some settings are "hidden" rather bad now but if you have some experience with windows it doesn't take much time to get trough everything just fine.

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Came Pre-Installed on my new Lappy, haven't had too many problems, and all the problems I have had were easily fixable.

Still prefer Windows 7 though. (Can't make a comment about 8, since I've never used 8 before)

D

Deleted User

I've only used it a little bit since my laptop broke a couple months ago, (which was only a few months after I upgraded) but it was pretty good for the short time I used it. I don't think I really had any issues.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Scott_pilgrim @ Scott_pilgrim: "i do indeed play osu" although lately ive been taking a bit of a break to play etterna