ROM Hack How are the script files in Mugen no Frontier EXCEED formatted?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fgghjjkll
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,543
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Likes Likes 2

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
2,043
Reaction score
52
Trophies
2
Age
31
XP
1,108
hhmnykO.png

I'm trying to write a script editor for this particular format but I have no idea how these scripts are formatted. All scripts start with 08 at 0x0, but 0x02-0x04 differ for each file. I was thinking that maybe that corresponds to the bytes of seperation between the bodies of text, but even that seems to be variable as well :|

Could anyone provide some advice for this? The particular ROM in question is "Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Mugen no Frontier EXCEED (J)" if you have the game, legally or illegally :)
 
I got tons of info from user Nagato regarding the script files. I will sent them to you once I get home
Coul I see that info too? I translated the original SRT Mugen no Frontier game to spanish and I am interested in EXCEED too
 
Thanks!
Ihave read almost everything, good news! But there is no a re-insert tool so we cannot do too much :(
why not make a thread for a project and gather people to help? having some stuff already translated will definitely help
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pablitox
Yeah, that is the thread, though the person that translated those lines is the one that made the blog "a text repository" ( I think I gave you a link) so you'd have to contact them!

Yes, I contacted with him, but we still have the problem about sb re-compression, that is the last thing we need to make this project real, right?
 
Indeed, I think applying the inverse process is the way to go, though it seems a bit obvious to do. You can try with it and see what happens.
 
Hey there Eldinen, did you have any luck with inserting text? I'm sure showing a few pics will help progress things up!
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted