Gaming Hotel dusk 2 coming?

quezcotl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know its out in Japan but... heard something about the company being bankrupt.
So whats happening? is it still coming here(west) or not?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one knows for sure. Nintendo could still bail CING out and bring Last Window stateside, but it's highly unlikely.
The best thing to do right now is to wait for E3 and see if the game is featured there. If not, then it's not getting localized.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/08/developer-...res-bankruptcy/

The last title of the study, Last Window, the sequel to Hotel Dusk is already on sale in Japan and is being finalized for launch in the West.

Assuming the dissolution of Cing doesn't negatively effect the localization, though. The Joystiq article just says its "due" for a release, but there's no date or... more recent news.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well due to release means more than likely it can than won't. CING biting it shouldn't matter as the assets had to be transferred to someone to make such a statement possible to say that it's 'due' for a release. Given that, whoever has it, they need to work it or sell rights to someone to work it to get the english put in so people can play it.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I think it's still being released in Europe, HOPEFULLY. Obviously, I will buy it in a heartbeat when it comes out
wink.gif

There's a trailer for the EU release here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf8A14ptsPU

And yeah, Nintendo are the publishers, so hopefully Cing going bankrupt won't affect the release? I really hope so... I need it >_>

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It saddens me but the more I think about this, the more I think chiapet hair douche reggie will blow it off like other good idea titles that Europe+UK gets. I mean Trace Memory was goddamn marvelous and it has that Wii sequel, went to you guys, and we got fucked. Now this game is going again overseas to Europe, and I bet we get assed out again. At least with this one I can import it and it works native in a DS if I want it that bad since I can never find good deals on imports anymore as greed took over heavily some years ago.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
It saddens me but the more I think about this, the more I think chiapet hair douche reggie will blow it off like other good idea titles that Europe+UK gets. I mean Trace Memory was goddamn marvelous and it has that Wii sequel, went to you guys, and we got fucked. Now this game is going again overseas to Europe, and I bet we get assed out again. At least with this one I can import it and it works native in a DS if I want it that bad since I can never find good deals on imports anymore as greed took over heavily some years ago.

Bwahaha, I love when Europe gets stuff that USA doesn't. It makes a nice change. Another Code R was awesome, I actually bought that game for the full price
wink.gif

All joking aside though, I just hope the game is realised in English somewhere. I dont care where, I would just import it in an instant lol..

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quezcotl said:
shame though about Cing.
cry.gif

I know, right?

I played through Again, just because it was made by them... It ended on such an annoying cliffhanger, and now they won't even be able to make a sequel!!
ohnoes.png

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't cry too much over Cing. They were liked, they did OK in sales, just not ok enough to survive -- that or they were dumb monkeys who pissed away a lot of profit on a play zone office and other bs they couldn't last on doing (some places do this stupidly.)

Either way fine, go into english, and if I can find an importer who isn't an asshole who wants like a $20 pad on top of the real price of the game I'd grab it. I take issue paying $50 for a DS game when all said and done.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
]
Either way fine, go into english, and if I can find an importer who isn't an asshole who wants like a $20 pad on top of the real price of the game I'd grab it. I take issue paying $50 for a DS game when all said and done.

...The average price for a brand new DS game here is $45-50 anyway. Well, on the high street anyway. Usually cheaper online.

quezcotl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
suruz said:
Vampire Hunter D said:
]

...The average price for a brand new DS game here is $45-50 anyway. Well, on the high street anyway. Usually cheaper online.
its insane, some ds-games cost just as much as a xbox360 or ps3-game today.
I can only afford my 360+ps3 library, but sure, I will pay for Dragon Quest IX... but most ds games need to be a lot better to be worth their price.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quezcotl said:
suruz said:
Vampire Hunter D said:
]

its insane, some ds-games cost just as much as a xbox360 or ps3-game today.
I can only afford my 360+ps3 library, but sure, I will pay for Dragon Quest IX... but most ds games need to be a lot better to be worth their price.

Yeah I know, they're really overpriced considering most of them suck xD

To be fair, DS games usually drop in price really quickly as well though. But if you want a brand new game, then be ready to fork out the bucks >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun +1