host process for system synchronization - high hdd usage

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed windows 8.1 on a another laptop, and connected it online but I high a huge spike in I/O usage in the task manager from 'host process system sync' with sound lagging trying to listen to music. I understand it suppose to sync your settings, but nothing but his microsoft account is synced and it's making his hdd go crazy with high and low spikes. Can anything be done to stop it or will it end after time passes?

Untitled.png

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This won't fix the sync but you need to do this. Go to start, cmd, right click run as admin, then enter this net.exe stop superfetch , press enter.
Then enter this net.exe stop "Windows search" press enter.

Now to fix the sync problem. Gonna need to you find your resource manager. This could be a virus or could just be like one of those skydrive or onedrive syncs. The latter two can be killed via cmd as well.
But the virus may need some attention. Ok lets start by asking is this legit windows 8 or a pirate version?
If it's pirate then you need to find a different pirate version. (go for KMS activated)
If you could take some screenshots of the resource manager. Host process system sync is vague. And if it's a microsoft function doing this we can kill it to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1