Hacking Hori Screen Protector = Instructions in Japanese

Otagamo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oi.
I just bought a Japanese Hori Screen Protector, but the problem is... it's all in japanese. I'm not sure what to do and I don't want to ruin my horis.
wacko.gif

Can anyone with an english manual post it here?? Or maybe scan it??

Thank you.
ph34r.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a Hori+ protector at Target for 10$. It comes with English directions.

I'm surprised more people don't know that option is available.
smile.gif

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not everyone has access to a US target. Aussie targets dont have them, guessing Brazillian targets probably dont have them either.

What I did was cleaned the hell out of my screen (still got a bit of something behind it at the bottom), there are recommendations for rooms to do this in all over this forum.

Then peel off one of the sides, the one that has the peel me logo. Then apply it with that side down and peel off the other side.

The panel that feels thinner goes on the bottom (should also be slightly smaller too), while the thicker one goes on the top (I dont apply this one, so it goes in the bin). The bottom one also doesn't fully fill the screen (this is good as it makes it eaiser to get off) you will have a small margin down the sides if you get it in the right position (mine is probably a bit far to the right).

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The size differences should be enough to distinguish them. You can tell which side is meant to be face down as it feels very grippy.

Try to clean as much dust off as you can using a cloth or compressed air, and apply after a hot shower so the steam drags the dust down.

Use scotch tape to remove pieces of fluff and dust from the static side of the screen protector if you get any of it. That's pretty much it. No other materials involved.

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
Just do it really slow and apply one side first slowly let down the rest of the film protector. I thought I was doing it right when I was lining up the film protector with all the sides and then just letting it all down in one go.

But when I peeled off the backing I had bubbles left all over. This was a genuine Hori one from play-asia mind you.

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
i got my hori today,

my touch screen is perfect with no bubbles, however my top screen only has 2 bubbles on the sides.

Just do it slowly and use the card to push out air bubbles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out