Hope for Gauntlet DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009

Hope for Gauntlet DS? by GeekyGuy at 2:16 AM (1,391 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    That Gaming Site is reporting an ESRB listing for Gauntlet DS that suggests the title has been taken over by Majesco. It's barely a glimmer of hope, but I know some folks are still hot for this game. I definitely won't complain if they release it.

2. Cavedude

Member Cavedude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think it would be a wonderful idea to have this game localized. Would be terrific fun multiplayer with all your friends [​IMG].

But since it is a well-known franchise kinda, there's hope mate.

3. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    It wasn't released anywhere. I was just so-called "cancelled".

I had thought that Square might have released this game when Eidos and them merged. Guess not.

4. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I emailed Foundation 9 back in December to see if they could give me even a glimmer of hope that this would be released. Sadly, no reply ever hit my inbox. I got to play it at last year's PAX and it looked and played great and I've been itching for it ever since.

5. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I'd love to see this. Especially now that me and my little bro have finished Dark Legacy on the 'cube at last. We need more peon slaying fun. Gauntlet in you pocket with wi-fi multiplayer is a winning formula if you ask me.

6. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, I forgot about their takeover of Eidos. Could be, though, they were instrumental in passing it off to Majesco. Not sure what the profitability is for the game, but honestly, I think it has a much better chance of being successful at places like Walmart over pretty much any game that Atlus has picked up in the last few years. Gauntlet is a well-known name for folks my age (30-something [​IMG] ), and folks strolling through the electronics dept. at WallyWorld might see it and grab it up on namesake alone. Nostalgia is a powerful thing!

7. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Square is all about making money. I think the guys that made the online petition contributed. They made such a big deal but in the end, to date, only 199 signed. Square of course wouldn't take chances.

Oh well. Square may back off. Its them you know.

8. Cavedude

United States
    Yeah I meant released*. And square has gotten lamer and lamer lately. Kinda sad

9. funem

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    Unless there has been a drastic change from the downloadable demo, then as much as I wanted a DS version of Gauntlet, it should stay unreleased...

10. Daemon.nds

Newcomer Daemon.nds Advanced Member

United States
    Gauntlet DS would/could be awesome. Unfortunately, Square doesn't give a shit what we think. Most of the people here are the type who would run their business into the ground. We can now give ourselves a nice bow of congratulations.

11. funem

United Kingdom
    Don't paint everyone with your own nerousis it will take more than the people who frequent here to run them into the ground. Quite a few of us on here actually buy a game if its worth it, I still have well over 40 DS titles myself, thats after giving away the ones I completed or got bored of to relatives.

A crap game will be a crap game, and the demo for it was a crap game, and it will therefore not sell, that will be the reason for them losing money. I only hope that if they are going to release a version of Gauntlet they will recode it from the ground up and give it the release it deserves.

12. Daemon.nds

United States
    i'm with you on that. but you really should use more commas, mate. as an american, it's my responsibility to be sure that you speak proper english.

13. funem

United Kingdom
    I'm so glad you can find the time in your busy life to spot the mistakes in other peoples English, while referring to your self as i with a little I. There is also the placing of commas in a sentence where they don't belong, mate. Oh and American is with a capital A and finally its "speak English properly" not "speak proper english"... Once again note the capital E in English. ah so many mistakes, and to be found in sentences mocking someone else's use of grammar.... thanks you for putting my faith back in humanity to make me laugh at its own stupidity.

14. Cavedude

United States
    lol...so i hope they do something new with Gauntlet, start fresh or something.

15. Daemon.nds

United States
    another orgy of mistakes. [​IMG]