Homebrew Homemenuhax V2.1 - Support for FW's 10.2-10.3!

theclad1100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS: Please go over the steps or better yet private message me, I would be glad to help when I can! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it says "Failed to get the filesize of the body-filepath. I'm on an old 3ds. What do I do? Please reply ASAP. Thank you!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it says failed to get the filesize of the body file-path. what do I do?

roxxazz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sir, I already installed it for the first time for downgrading from 10.3 to 9.2, and its succeed. but the menuhax is uninstalled, so, it's safe to install it again on FW 9.2? or i must use another menuhax? thanks :)

mungry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a mod wants to close this now they can. Unless they update the title to 2.2, then I could update instructions and that stuff, although there is already a thread on 2.2 I believe

NJamesW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to downgrade your system without downloading anything? I have been wanting to do this soooo bad but my software won't let me. It keeps saying an error has occured for the qr code.

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a way to downgrade your system without downloading anything? I have been wanting to do this soooo bad but my software won't let me. It keeps saying an error has occured for the qr code.
dowgrading isn't just a process that modify the system. newer system titles will be replaced with older versions (that is the definition of downgrading).
So you need a firmware package with all needed system cia titles. And of course you need the sysupdater and the whole hbl package.

And what qr code you are talking about? which firmware/device do you have.
Be more specific!

And this is off topic!!!
*calming down process activated*

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey i use a 9.2 old 3ds xl and i used go.gate... to enter emunand(not sure if unlinked, but i think does that mather?) and the homebrewlauncher.cia to install menuhax. but when i now start i only get a black screeen. i can only boot the 3ds if i remove the sd card any advice?

elrayo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
"In order to use the internet browser, a system update is required. To perform a system update, select System Update from Other Settings in System Settings." What can I do? The web navegator doesn't work because this message is popping out...

Also, I have a Old3DS and my firmware is 9.9.0-26U

memo95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
When I click power button, I want to open Emunand automatically. Now I'm using web browser (launch.rxtools). and I can't start emunand without internet. Can you help me? Thank you

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok...i booted into emunand and used the hbl.cia to install Oothax, witch i used to install menuhax. edited the bin to boot the gate.3dsx and it boots gatewaymenu but when i try to enter emunand i get a black screen.... Any ideas?

pinkman

Trophies
XP
Country
Sierra Leone
Hi, I have a couple of questions, maybe this is not the place to post them but I don't know where to post lol.
It's the first time I do things like this and a lot of questions come to my mind...

In the first place, is this safe? I mean, can nintendo ban my console in any way?
In second place, where can I download more homebrew? Is there any way to play 3ds games from rooms?
In third way, can I execute any homebrew I find? I mean, are they all compatible with this method?
Finally, if now I update my 3ds to 10.5, will I loose this?
At last... I Installed it all without any problem, (great guide yo!) and I executed the "access nintendo shop" aplication, but it seems not to be working since it tells me to update my 3ds...

Thanks in advance! really!

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide exactly on two systems. The first is my N3ds XL, and the installation was quick and easy. Then I tried again, this time with my brother's O3DS. When I use the QR to go to the link, the top of the top screen reads "Terminated script execution", the bottom screen turns yellow, and, finally, the console returns to the home menu whilst displaying an error message that reads, "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system."

I've tried changing the DNS and manually downloading the 'otherapp' payload from smealum's site, but to no avail. I've also deleted history and cookies, and I've retried over and over for nearly an hour. If any one can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it, Thanks.

Edit: Nearly forgot to post this info; The O3DS is 10.3.0-28U.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried changing the DNS and manually downloading the 'otherapp' payload from smealum's site, but to no avail. I've also deleted history and cookies, and I've retried over and over for nearly an hour. If any one can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it, Thanks.
you want the ropbin payload if you're using it with browserhax.

Ki18

Trophies
XP
Country
"In order to use the internet browser, a system update is required. To perform a system update, select System Update from Other Settings in System Settings." What can I do? The web navegator doesn't work because this message is popping out...

Also, I have a Old3DS and my firmware is 9.9.0-26U

I'm in the same position as this poster. Any advice?

ariss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a couple of questions, maybe this is not the place to post them but I don't know where to post lol.
It's the first time I do things like this and a lot of questions come to my mind...

In the first place, is this safe? I mean, can nintendo ban my console in any way?
In second place, where can I download more homebrew? Is there any way to play 3ds games from rooms?
In third way, can I execute any homebrew I find? I mean, are they all compatible with this method?
Finally, if now I update my 3ds to 10.5, will I loose this?
At last... I Installed it all without any problem, (great guide yo!) and I executed the "access nintendo shop" aplication, but it seems not to be working since it tells me to update my 3ds...

Thanks in advance! really!
Hopefully you haven't upgraded by now, but let me answer your questions

1: I have hacked my wii and my 3ds and installed roms on both and never gotten into any kind of trouble with Nintendo. I don't think they really think it's worth it to try to stop people from hacking their 3ds' because there will always be a way

2: you can download more homebrew in the homebrew section of the forums. There are some useful threads that are pinned at the top.

3: Most homebrew should be compatible but others may not be. Some only work on firmware versions 9.2 and below. You should probably downgrade asap so you have access to these. I can link a thread if needed.

4: Do not update to 10.5 because there is no working version of hax that work with it. It is a good thing that you have access to the homebrew launcher. And if you have access to the Internet channel too, you can downgrade your 3ds and get version 10.5 on emunand (you probably don't know what that is yet)
Not quite sure if there is a way to do it without the internet working tho.

Last edited by ariss,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff