Hacking homemenuhax boot directly to rxtools emunand how ?

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I have my N3DS running pretty sweet at the moment, it's a 9.0 using themehax 1.3 which autoboots the HBL (i also still have the browserhax setup on sysnand if needed), i then use rxTools from the menu for my emuNAND

All is working great and i hate to change anything that is working great.... However...

I really like the idea of having a nice splashscreen from homemenuhax 2.0 and would love it to somehow boot directly to my rxtools emunand

I know it was possible in the past, i had it on an older setup but cannot find anywhere how to do this

Would someone mind helping me out please ?

Thanks

p.s. if i did manage to achieve the above how would i then be able to boot HBL ?? would i need to use L at boot and drop into sysnand and use webrowserhax to load it ?

pcmantinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerfootprint.com
XP
Country
United States
Please take a look here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools...rom-browserhax-homemenuhax-to-rxtools.398420/

This covers N3DS and booting directly to rxTools as well as a boot menu that allows you to add custom entries such as rxTools, Cakes, and the Homebrew Launcher. Make sure you have rxTools from October 2, 2015 and that you place the firmware that you obtain (no longer available from NUS) in the "rxTools/data" folder.

Reactions: peteruk

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey up mate. I think homemenuhax 2.0 is a bit unreliable to boot cfw at the minute as its using hax 2.5. A lot of stuff not working yet on hax 2.5 I think you can manually put hax 2.1 into it but it's not 100% boot rate. Homemenuhax 1.3 has hardly ever failed me to boot into homebrew menu.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey up mate. I think homemenuhax 2.0 is a bit unreliable to boot cfw at the minute as its using hax 2.5. A lot of stuff not working yet on hax 2.5 I think you can manually put hax 2.1 into it but it's not 100% boot rate. Homemenuhax 1.3 has hardly ever failed me to boot into homebrew menu.

Thanks buddy :D I had forgotten you talked me through a load of stuff before on a previous install :)

I would love to have a splash screen (some really nice artwork on that thread here) but might be worth waiting if you think this release is a little bit buggy

I am looking at the link that @pcmantinker posted to the tuturial which looks like it does what i wanted

Ideally i wanting to bypass the HBL menu and have it boot directly to rxtools emunand (But how would i then get into the HBL menu ????)

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@peteruk You could setup the boot menu that has a timeout of a few seconds and then have it boot to rxTools automatically. If you want to boot to the HBL, you can then move the cursor to Homebrew Launcher and press "A" to confirm.

That sounds ideal, although i am unsure how to setup a timeout feature, i imagine that would be something changed in the code itself ? I have been using a pre compiled build of 10/02 rxTools

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
remove your previous themehax, download everything you need for 2.5 hax, download menuhax 2.0 and replace the one in the starterkit (i don't think it's necessary but i did it anyway), install cubic ninja to sysnand rx mode (if you don't have other means to access hax 2.5 like me) and use it to run hax 2.5 and install menuhax 2.0.
get ctrbootmanager and setup it to autoboot rxtools, rename the HBL to boot_hb.3dsx, ad copy the ctrbootmanager's boot.3dsx and .cfg to sd.
now you can boot directly to rxemunand from booting, install cn to your emunand if you want access to hbl from there, (if you did't change it on boot.cfg) hold select after choose qrcode on cn, and choose hbl.

edit: i believe you're already on latest working rx build for n3ds.

Last edited by honyo29,

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
remove your previous themehax, download everything you need for 2.5 hax, download menuhax 2.0 and replace the one in the starterkit (i don't think it's necessary but i did it anyway), install cubic ninja to sysnand rx mode (if you don't have other means to access hax 2.5 like me) and use it to run hax 2.5 and install menuhax 2.0.
get ctrbootmanager and setup it to autoboot rxtools, rename the HBL to boot_hb.3dsx, ad copy the ctrbootmanager's boot.3dsx and .cfg to sd.
now you can boot directly to rxemunand from booting, install cn to your emunand if you want access to hbl from there, (if you did't change it on boot.cfg) hold select after choose qrcode on cn, and choose hbl.

edit: i believe you're already on latest working rx build for n3ds.

Short and sweet reply, i just wanted to say thank you for the information, apprectiated

I will have a play tomorrow morning, kids will be in school and i can concentrate

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is that the same as themehax 1.3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay