Homebrew HomemenuHax 2.0 released by yellows8 - Custom themes, *hax2.5 payloads and more

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well...i'll install that once I'll get a copy of Cubic Ninja then...(hoping for that next week)...since i only have access to themehax now...

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Come on! We just got custom themes without the hassle of compiling!

Im not complaining. Im really grateful for the work done by yellows8. Its just that some people (like me) like to shuffle through my themes and until thats a supported feature im going to use only one entry point. I guess my post was just a heads up for anyone who was wondering if the feature was implemented

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
does this version work with the coldboot?
i installed it but it crashes when i use the rxtools boot.3dsx
can anyone make a rxtools boot.3dsx to use with this also a version where you don´t need to push a button to start it

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Installing themehax 2.0 (2.5 payload) via themehax 1.2 seemed to work fine for me, but YMMV.

Same here. However I haven't been able to do the old trick to boot menuhax from within home menu by pushing the power button then home while quickly holding the trigger button. It just goes back to Home Menu for me now every single time..

Reactions: Pingu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Same here. However I haven't been able to do the old trick to boot menuhax from within home menu by powering off then pushing home and quickly holding the trigger button. It just goes back to Home Menu for me now every single time..

Are you still having stability problems with auto booting? Mine seem to have vanished with that 3 second delay.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Power off -> Home Menu Button -> hold L doesnt seem to work anymore. Anyone else experience the same?

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you still having stability problems with auto booting? Mine seem to have vanished with that 3 second delay.

No, I was at first but I think it was a symptom of not fully wiping out traces of the old menuhax (by using the menuhax manager app to delete the old payload). Another install afterwards and it's seemingly fine now.

EDIT: Scratch that, using the reset button combo on Neo X hung the system up (never seen it do that before), and it failed to boot with the button held. Experiences with 2.0 vs 1.2 with a manually replaced payload seem to be worse thus far :/

Last edited by kiwiis,
Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Same here. However I haven't been able to do the old trick to boot menuhax from within home menu by pushing the power button then home while quickly holding the trigger button. It just goes back to Home Menu for me now every single time..

To actually answer your post though, yeah, it's happening to me too. I can't trigger themehax from the power menu anymore.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
OK so I got my custom theme back up and running alongside the hax.
qiGXlKu.jpg

I was already running themehax and used that to install the new version, not a single problem, however, now I can't hold down the power button, hold L and boot it from there, having to completely power off the 3DS is extremely tedius, being someone who switches back and forth between the hax and the normal home menu, this is a pain in the butt.

Hopefully something is done about this issue.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Quick question: How do I use a custom theme with the new MenuHax? After using the "Install" option, my theme still gets reset back to default, and changing the theme back seems to erase the Hax.

Edit: Never mind, fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling everything.

Last edited by NekoMichi,
Reactions: SomeGamer

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If you want to install custom themes with new menuhax, it has been made rather easy now.

1) First you must install new menuhax, confirm that it is working and head over to the next step.

2) For custom-theme installation, the theme-data must be located at SD "/3ds/menuhax_manager/body_LZ.bin". If used, the BGM must be located at SD "/3ds/menuhax_manager/bgm.bcstm".

3) Once you have confirmed that menuhax is installed and indeed working, in the 3DS home menu, go to theme management, and it'll tell you it's creating some theme management data and to not remove the SD Card, allow this process to finish.

4) Go back to the menuhax 2.0 installer, you should see an option to install a custom theme, once you have the theme files in the correct file path, click on the install custom theme option, and it'll install your custom theme.

5) Enjoy your cake! And eat it too!

@Buttsnake you may wanna edit the op and link this post for future reference, so that anyone who comes asking this question sees this from the main post and we can prevent the thread being clogged up by the same question.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

danzou22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The power button and HOME + L doesn't work for me too, but launching the notifications and HOME + L still work fine like v1.2. Also the browser, friends, paper and pen and Miiverse work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi