Homeless Beating: Six Police Officers Suspended in Calif.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
purplesludge said:
gloweyjoey said:
injected11 said:
gloweyjoey said:
He was unarmed but he refused to let officers check to see if he was unarmed or not but in the video he is clearly resisting and it is anything but a gentle risistance. When someone tries to run away from police officers, or they resist them, they will believe you have done something wrong, why else would you run, or resist them. In the video he is clearly seen thrashing about with the officers so i can see how needed a couple of extra guys help subdue him is appropriate. Was it appropriate to taser him 5 times? No it wasn't. Was it appropriate of them to hold down his face on the pavement with their knee with enough force to break his neck? No it wasn't. was it appropriate to keep hitting him after he was hogtied? No, it wasn't.
Did they finally release the tape from the police camera? If not, what video are you speaking of? The only videos I've been able to find were the witnesses explaining what happened on a city bus's camera, and one from the curb off to the side of the incident, where you don't see any of the action, just blinking squad cars and some audio.
There is a video i posted on like the 3rd page.
That's not the right video.
http://gbatemp.net/t303819-homeless-beatin...t&p=3815581
4th page. My bad.
I meant that it is not the Kelly Thomas video.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From personal experience, the police are bullshit. I've had a person basically kidnap my girlfriend.
Called the police.
They didn't help

A few months later, I get a phone call from my girlfriend telling me the same guy is there looking for me saying he's going to beat me to death.
Called the police.
They helped....a little bit. Basically just told him to stay away, even though he lived down the road, and was the type to not care what the cops say

Old landlord came to my work to harass me.
Went to the police station to get them to help me get this guy to not harass me.
They said "We can't do anything".

Every time I ask the cops for help/protection they just shrug at me. Fuck em.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
I meant that it is not the Kelly Thomas video.
Yeah, I read that Thomas was shirtless when he was confronted. Even so, the people in the video were only thrashing about because they were getting beaten. The police only stopped because they were aware that they were being recorded.

@gloweyjoey: Your sympathies for the police are misplaced, in my opinion. They do not deserve the right of way here. You analogy is also quite inadequate. The police are not a distinct race of people or a religion. The police institution is a corrupt appendage of the state.
QUOTE(amptor @ Aug 7 2011, 09:39 PM) Cops are just regular people with a different job than we have.
Except for the fact that their jobs and the power they possess is not at all regular, though how they get away with it has almost become routine. In most of these brutality cases, the cops responsible get off completely, because they are essentially above the law. It can be said that getting away with police brutality is a form of white collar crime.The media has been one of the police's most uncritical parrots, especially in the recent shooting of Michael Duggan in Britain. The fact that the Thomas's killers got suspended is actually quite a rare development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: