Homebrew Homebrew wants to update to 1.0.7 but told not to...?

GhostHawk666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All;

I keep getting prompted to update Homebrew from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 but was specifically told in the WiiHacks softmod guide NOT TO DO THE UPGRADE. I looked around and cannot even find any information about Wii Homebrew 1.0.7 The latest version appears to be 1.0.6 so why do I keep getting prompted to update it? Everything is working great right now and I am kind of in the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" mode right now, but that update message is pretty annoying to say the least.

Any suggestions?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh, are you sure the guide wasn't saying not to do an official Nintendo System update? Cause there is never a reason not to do a homebrew update. And there is no 1.0.7 yet AFAIK anyway.

GhostHawk666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Uh, are you sure the guide wasn't saying not to do an official Nintendo System update? Cause there is never a reason not to do a homebrew update. And there is no 1.0.7 yet AFAIK anyway.

I am sure about it. Here is the guide I used... (The red text right under the first video clip is the warning about the update)

WiiHacks Softmod Guide

Like I said, I could not find a damn thing about any Homebrew 1.0.7 so not sure why it would ask.... Unless there is a beta or something out there.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GhostHawk666 said:
SifJar said:

I am sure about it. Here is the guide I used... (The red text right under the first video clip is the warning about the update)

WiiHacks Softmod Guide

Like I said, I could not find a damn thing about any Homebrew 1.0.7 so not sure why it would ask.... Unless there is a beta or something out there.

There is not, it would have been posted about on HackMii.

And I see no reason not to say yes, that seems completely idiotic to me.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GhostHawk666 said:
All;

I keep getting prompted to update Homebrew from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 but was specifically told in the WiiHacks softmod guide NOT TO DO THE UPGRADE. I looked around and cannot even find any information about Wii Homebrew 1.0.7 The latest version appears to be 1.0.6 so why do I keep getting prompted to update it? Everything is working great right now and I am kind of in the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" mode right now, but that update message is pretty annoying to say the least.

Any suggestions?
1. Is the installer modified in any way?
2. There's no reason not to update HBC.
3. There's no 1.0.7 available.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im hesitant to update the hbc...i waited to go to 1.0.6 for a while, wanted to have all the guinea pigs go first. once i see the damage, i then make the choice to drink the kool-aid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro