Homebrew Homebrew v2.0.0 Yellow screen, steelhax

MrClifford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just installed Homebrew onto my old 2DS via the steelhax method, but any program I try to launch freezes on a yellow screen.
I checked and my steel driver isn't updated.
I have the correct other app
and the boot.3dx is in the root of the sd card
any help?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you follow a video guide? Because you're not supposed to do that. The only guide you should be following is http://3ds.guide. Specifically, at this point you need to use Frogtool to install b9s.

(Without b9s you can still run JKSM for save management, and with some inconvenient workarounds you might still be able to run homebrew, but if you want to run FBI to install programs in .cia format, you need b9s.)

Generic_Meme27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Homebrew onto my old 2DS via the steelhax method, but any program I try to launch freezes on a yellow screen.
I checked and my steel driver isn't updated.
I have the correct other app
and the boot.3dx is in the root of the sd card
any help?
try deleting the DCIM folder on the root of your sd card. Thats what I did when I had the same problem and it started working.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try deleting the DCIM folder on the root of your sd card. Thats what I did when I had the same problem and it started working.
DCIM folder is for your 3ds photos you have taken. The console is just buggy with userland entry on the newest firmware. Unless you go for full cfw. dont expect this to just magically go away.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill