Hacking homebrew support on R4DS?

Nitrius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just read the review on R4DS on the site here, and then there was quite few homebrew apps which didn't work, but this review was back in 2006 if i remember right?
I just wonder is the homebrew support on the R4 any better today? if not what else beside getting a R4DS can i do with my DS Lite to get better homebrew support? buy an m3 lite perfect to the 2-slot for example?

Little off topic question, whats happened to the official R4DS forum?
Because http://forums.r4ds.net/index.php doesn't work..

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That review really needs to be updated.

Because of DLDI, R4s homebrew support is a lot better than what is stated in that review. I just started using my R4 again after a long hiatus and havent tried any new homebrew... Im still enjoying the new firmware updates that include the cheat codes.

The R4 is worth every penny. In fact, the R4 is worth a hell of a lot more than what they are charging.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4 is worth every penny. In fact, the R4 is worth a hell of a lot more than what they are charging.

It really is. I mean, look at the DS-X. The price of those carts range from $99.95-$129.95(or close to that). So that's fifty to ninety bucks more than the R4.

And from what I've read(since I personally don't own a DS-X, and this is one cart I will never buy), the R4 is a whole crap load better. And by "better", I mean R4 being better game compatibility wise, features wise, and support wise.

So the R4 team really could charge more for this cart, and I'm sure it will still sell just as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1