OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I just realized (after many months of not paying attention) that we do not have a 'homebrew' subsection for each of the GBA and NDS categories. Each section does have an “Game Development, ROM Hacking and Translations" area which contains a description to discuss homebrew. However, I feel that this is out of place for an issue that is forever expanding and should not be linked to Rom Hacking or Translations.

I propose that new sections are added to each of the GBA and NDS areas. The new section should be "Homebrew" with 2 sub categories "Applications" and "Games." Allowing people to finally have an area to promote their homebrew, and ask questions about homebrew (how it works, problems, issues, updates, etc). This in turn would better organize a sub category that is currently misplaced and disorganized throughout GBATemp.

Currently there is an NDS Homebrew Announcement thread over at GBADev. This area is used in the way I have described above. It works very well, allowing people get their questions answered and options heard, while keeping their thoughts to one section of the forum. Having something similar here would better promote GBATemp and add an important additional feature to this vast community of help and information.

Something to consider and I hope further discussed in this thread.

-Another World

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You'll see one soon
wink.gif