Homebrew Homebrew Save Manager? Sort of? (Suggestion)

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super sorry if this is the wrong category or forum, and if this is already a thing. (I'm fairly sure it isn't) I have a suggestion for a neat homebrew. So I have 2 3ds's, and they both have ACNL on them, and I want to be able to work on the same town. So I thought "what if there was homebrew for that?" I don't think it needs any CFW, either, it seems everything you would need, ARM11 user land permissions,... permit. (Unless you made a CIA, which would need CFW obviously.) What I would want, is a CIA preferably that when you run it, it asks if you want to upload or download, if you choose upload it uploads your save to Dropbox or some storage site, then on another 3DS, when you run it, it downloads it, checks if it's been modified from the last time it downloaded, (basically checks if it's a new save) then if it isn't new, it deletes it, if it is, it installs it into the game. You could probably make it so the first time it runs, you select what game that the save will transfer from. What are your peoples thoughts?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super sorry if this is the wrong category or forum, and if this is already a thing. (I'm fairly sure it isn't) I have a suggestion for a neat homebrew. So I have 2 3ds's, and they both have ACNL on them, and I want to be able to work on the same town. So I thought "what if there was homebrew for that?" I don't think it needs any CFW, either, it seems everything you would need, ARM11 user land permissions,... permit. (Unless you made a CIA, which would need CFW obviously.) What I would want, is a CIA preferably that when you run it, it asks if you want to upload or download, if you choose upload it uploads your save to Dropbox or some storage site, then on another 3DS, when you run it, it downloads it, checks if it's been modified from the last time it downloaded, (basically checks if it's a new save) then if it isn't new, it deletes it, if it is, it installs it into the game. You could probably make it so the first time it runs, you select what game that the save will transfer from. What are your peoples thoughts?
It's actually been done, but only for the binding of isaac rebirth.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually been done, but only for the binding of isaac rebirth.
Oh, ok. I'll take a look at it, maybe someone can take the code and make it universal? (BTW thanks for quick reply)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, ok. I'll take a look at it, maybe someone can take the code and make it universal? (BTW thanks for quick reply)
(Sry double post) is this what you're talking about? https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/3k2rnr/transfer_pc_save_to_n3ds/
This isn't what I was thinking of. (Mostly). I want it to work over wifi and go from 3ds to 3ds.

Last edited by Enovale,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.