HomeBrew Only Works Won't Load Wii Menu Or Anything Else

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by adamtheman17, Jan 30, 2011.

1. adamtheman17
    OP

Newcomer adamtheman17 Newbie

United States
    i had everything working before my brother updated the Wii Software and now it goes into HomeBrew but nothing works i cant go into the HomeBrew Channel i cant load the Wii Menu nothing works

could someone please help me out here

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    you could always rehack your wii using ModMii and said game [​IMG] simple but you should install a forwarder to one of your wad managers cause a system update will not delete forwarders and as long as you have a way to install other IOS as such it makes things alot smoother.

P.S. If you havent already done so i would install IOS236 when you rehack your wii.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    What do you mean with "nothing" works? It's true the 4.3 update eliminates all homebrew, but the wii menu should still be there. And if you had the latest version of the homebrew channel (1.0.8), it should also still be there.

...though obviously, any homebrew that relies on a cIOS won't work, as those are deleted replaced by stubs.

@kylster: I'd prefer installing priiloader and block the online and disc updates. Why have a way to solve a problem if you can easily avoid the problem to begin with? [​IMG]

(and I may be wrong, but don't wad managers rely on a trucha patched ÂIOS to do anything useful in the first place?)

4. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    I don't understand this post at all, "it goes into HomeBrew but nothing works i cant go into the HomeBrew Channel"?