Homebrew Homebrew Launcher with sorting and folder support

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I would be able to edit gridlauncher's updater, but it uses lua and some http, which I'm not really familiar with.
if you decide to update this more, then modifying the gridlauncher one "should" be pretty simple. you do need to host the .php scripts somewhere though, and set it up with Github webhooks.

it's currently set up to fit the gridlauncher's situation, such as the version number and having a changelog as a .md file. if you decide to not use this changelog, it can be disabled but it's not like changing something from "true" to "false" (yet).

yeah it's not exactly portable, though I might do this closer to the day my site hosting expires, which is around June 2016. I can definitely make a customized one though, or help with it.

Reactions: suloku

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it isn't sorting it this way, please let me know.

Btw, as I asked in the other thread, why do you want to launch titles in emunand from this instead of the home menu? It is just plain curiosity, as I can't think of a situation were doing that is more effective, unless you are booting them with hans and using the return feature as already stated. (press L+R+Down+B to reset to homebrew launcher, if you are playing by HANS)

Shortcuts are appearing at the top, but they are not sorted regardless of settings. The only reason for me for doing this, is because I prefer the list view over a grid. It makes it much quicker to scroll through 60+ titles by name when I'm not sure exactly what I want to play, rather than moving one by one by one through the grid or trying to guess which game is which just from looking at all of the icons on 3+ pages. It's purely for quickly browsing all games when I'm uncertain as to what I want to play. :)

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shortcuts are appearing at the top, but they are not sorted regardless of settings.
OK, now that I think about it there might be no sorting code at all, I never realized it because I have just a couple shortcuts per folder. I'll try to get it implemented.

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. Thanks!!! :)
I've looked at the code, it's not that the shortcuts aren't being sorted, it is that they are being sorted by the shortcut filename, which for created shortcuts it is the title ID of the application.

For example:
Pokemon rumble world: 00040000-00185A00
Rayman Origins: 00040000-0005A500

Rayman origins will be sorted before pokemon rumble world because 0005xxx goes before 0010xxx.
I made it this way because I didn't want to deal with forbiden characters in filenames, or japanesse/korean filenames since that might give problems, but I can add an option to config file so shortcuts are created with application title as name.
A better but more difficult option would be to resort the shortcut entries...

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an odd problem. Once in a while when booting the HBL cia from emunand, it loads Download Play instead of the HBL & neither the home button or L+R+D+B works. Thus forcing me to have to hold the power button to turn off the 3DS. What would be causing it to randomly boot into Download Play instead of the HBL?

N3DS-XL
9.2 Sysnand
10.5 Emunand (ReiNand 3.2b)
CtrBootManager 1.6
Suloku's HBL

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I'm not actively working on this, but I will be adding anything that get's added to official hbl.
I guess I would be able to edit gridlauncher's updater, but it uses lua and some http, which I'm not really familiar with.

But I'm still open to any useful feature proposal (for example I'd like to be able to setup folders from within the homebrew, and move homebrew between folders, but not a priority feature and don't have the time right now to add that, and doing so from ctrxplorer/fto/sdcardmanagement is still fairly quick).
you can also make a repository of installMii

Reactions: suloku

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R: about shortcuts names, I got it working, but for some reason I can't make gamecard shortcuts now (there might be a bug preventing it which I haven't found yet) and haven't had time to solve it yet.

I'm having an odd problem. Once in a while when booting the HBL cia from emunand, it loads Download Play instead of the HBL & neither the home button or L+R+D+B works. Thus forcing me to have to hold the power button to turn off the 3DS. What would be causing it to randomly boot into Download Play instead of the HBL?

N3DS-XL
9.2 Sysnand
CtrBootManager 1.6
Suloku's HBL
I have the same config as you, I don't know why it boots download play. Try reinstalling: https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/download/v1.0/hblauncher_loader_v1.0.zip

Also, what do you have as boot.3dsx? If you have ctrbootmanager with autoboot set as 0 you'll need to hold select after running hbl loader cia to bypass ctrbootmanager's autoboot. Or hex edit the payload: hold Y while hbl loader cia is running and the payload will be saved at sd card, then hex edit it to change the "boot.3dsx" string to seomthing else. This will only affect hbl loader cia, since it is the only program using that payload.

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

N3DS-XL
9.2 Sysnand
CtrBootManager 1.6
Suloku's HBL
sometimes my boot in downloadplay too, I don't know why but I think it's because i pressed a lot of buttons when loading, it happens 2 times actually
but I have a o3DS with RxTools
this problem is in hbloader cia I Think

Last edited by Argentlan,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R: about shortcuts names, I got it working, but for some reason I can't make gamecard shortcuts now (there might be a bug preventing it which I haven't found yet) and haven't had time to solve it yet.

I have the same config as you, I don't know why it boots download play. Try reinstalling: https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/download/v1.0/hblauncher_loader_v1.0.zip

Also, what do you have as boot.3dsx? If you have ctrbootmanager with autoboot set as 0 you'll need to hold select after running hbl loader cia to bypass ctrbootmanager's autoboot. Or hex edit the payload: hold Y while hbl loader cia is running and the payload will be saved at sd card, then hex edit it to change the "boot.3dsx" string to seomthing else. This will only affect hbl loader cia, since it is the only program using that payload.

I have your hbl as boot.3dsx and had already edited the payload on my PC with HxD. ;) Thanks for adding the shortcut sorting! I will keep an eye on the git for it.

sometimes my boot in downloadplay too, I don't know why but I think it's because i pressed a lot of buttons when loading, it happens 2 times actually
but I have a o3DS with RxTools
this problem is in hbloader cia I Think

When it happens to me I am positive I haven't pressed any buttons. It has to be something with the cia like you stated. Don't know what else it could be. It doesn't happen very often, but the fact that it happens at all bothers me.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't had that problem myself, is there any way to reproduce it or it seems random? Maybe it happens if it fails to download a payload and there's none stored on sd?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had that problem myself, is there any way to reproduce it or it seems random? Maybe it happens if it fails to download a payload and there's none stored on sd?

Payload is on my sd card. Seems completely random, unable to reproduce on purpose. Also, are you not adding a commit to the git for the shortcut sorting until you find/fix the gamecard bug?

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Payload is on my sd card. Seems completely random, unable to reproduce on purpose. Also, are you not adding a commit to the git for the shortcut sorting until you find/fix the gamecard bug?
Since it apparently is a problem with hbloader cia I think you should make a new thread about that

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
03 feb 2016 - 17:45 GTM+1
- Correctly handle shortcut alphabetic sorting
- Added config option to create title shortcuts with smdh title as filename instead of title ID (default is smdh title). This option has to be manually edited in config.xml for now.
- Shortcuts can be deleted pressing B button over them (a confirmation prompt will appear)
- Creating a shortcut for a gamecard will generate a standard shortcut for all gamecards
- Prevent launching gamecard via Region4 trough shortcut if there's no gamecard (notification prompt appears)

WARNING: Using region4 to launch a title under emunand will boot the title under SYSNAND

@D34DL1N3R

edit: default title shortcut naming style is "smdh title"

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: klear and matt!

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using this new version no items are showing up in my setup other than Title Launcher and eShop.

I only replaced the 3dsx file, I didn't change my config in any way.

If I press X to show my favourites they all still show OK.

edit: ah, I need to switch "mix stray 3dsx" to OFF and now they show up. Odd.

Last edited by matt!,

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
edit: ah, I need to switch "mix stray 3dsx" to OFF and now they show up. Odd.

Dammed bugs (well, more like a slip in my logic :P)

03 feb 2016 - 23:35 GTM+1
- Fixed bug that didn't load homebrew if mix stray 3dsx files setting was ON

It should be fine now. Thanks for reporting.

Last edited by suloku,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReiNand wont boot from a 3dsx file located in 3DS/ReiNand. It just blackscreens, but the same 3dsx boots fine from ctrbootmanager. Is it normal behavior to not be able to relaunch ReiNand from within HBL without using start button/reboot'?

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ReiNand wont boot from a 3dsx file located in 3DS/ReiNand. It just blackscreens, but the same 3dsx boots fine from ctrbootmanager. Is it normal behavior to not be able to relaunch ReiNand from within HBL without using start button/reboot'?
Are your payloads and Reinand files up-to-date? Reinand 3.2beta and payload from this week work here for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw +1