• Replies 54

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
What the frak are you talking about? yello8 never made the hbl.cia load and boot anything other than .3ds home brew.
The homebrew launcher never accepted .3ds files... if that were the case then pirating wouldn't require as much work. But as of now, I don't see any piece of homebrew that worked on anyhax not work on the .cia version of the homebrew browser; after all, it's just an entrypoint. Nothing about what the menu boots should change.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
The homebrew launcher never accepted .3ds files... if that were the case then pirating wouldn't require as much work. But as of now, I don't see any piece of homebrew that worked on anyhax not work on the .cia version of the homebrew browser; after all, it's just an entrypoint. Nothing about what the menu boots should change.

How did I forget to say .3dsx instead of .3ds? :wtf:

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 100% sure any and all homebrew work from the Homebrew Launcher cia.
You misunderstood him. He didn't mean that you can't access homebrew through hb.cia. In fact, he wasn't even talking about the .CIA version of the homebrew launcher at all. He was saying that many homebrew applications (.3dsx) such as hans aren't available as .cias. Reread his post and you'll see.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
You misunderstood him. He didn't mean that you can't access homebrew through hb.cia. In fact, he wasn't even talking about the .CIA version of the homebrew launcher at all. He was saying that many homebrew applications (.3dsx) such as hans aren't available as .cias. Reread his post and you'll see.
Actually, reread his post. Ryccardo misunderstood that he was talking about the homebrew launcher .cia instead of each individual homebrew itself.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, reread his post. He misunderstood that he was talking about the homebrew launcher .cia instead of each individual homebrew itself.
So true, unfortunately a lot of homebrews aren't possible or simply don't exist as cia!
... No he's not. He's saying that it's unfortunate that a lot of homebrews aren't possible, or simply don't exist as cias. Most of that were his exact words.

Nowhere in the post did he mention the CIA launcher. And he said "homebrews" so he was referring to many homebrew applications not the launcher which wouldn't even be a homebrew application, meaning he isn't talking about the CIA homebrew launcher.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
... No he's not. He's saying that it's unfortunate that a lot of homebrews aren't possible, or simply don't exist as cias.

Nowhere in the post did he mention the CIA launcher. And he said "homebrews" so he was referring to many homebrew applications not the launcher which wouldn't even be a homebrew application, meaning he isn't talking about the CIA homebrew launcher.
For Ryccardo to misunderstand something... there needs to be something to be misunderstood. Meaning, whatever Ryccardo said is irrelevant. Ryccardo was responding to a post that suggested to install the homebrew launcher as a .cia. He then said that some weren't available as a .cia which really doesn't matter as you don't run .cia through HBL, only .3dsx, hence me saying that anything that runs from boot.3dsx would run from the HBL.cia. Why is it that big of a deal?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Ryccardo to misunderstand something... there needs to be something to be misunderstood. Meaning, whatever Ryccardo said is irrelevant. Ryccardo was responding to a post that suggested to install the homebrew launcher as a .cia. He then said that some weren't available as a .cia which really doesn't matter as you don't run .cia through HBL, only .3dsx, hence me saying that anything that runs from boot.3dsx would run from the HBL.cia. Why is it that big of a deal?
Ahh I see what you mean. The post he was quoting could be interpreted in two different ways though, so I can see the confusion with it.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Interesting...I wonder if this couldn't somehow be patched to be expanded via cfw, because that seems like a rather arbitrary limit.
It is rather arbitrary, and it would be easy if so many services didn't rely on it. The 3DS itself can handle a 301st title (forced through an .cia installer); it hides the first installed title, making it invisible on the home menu however. Plus, things like Activity Log, eShop (especially), and Data Management rely on it not being over 300. It'll throw an error if it is. For example, eShop will say that you can't install a title for being close to your limit, or you can't place a Badge because the home menu is too full (wtf Nintendo) But it may be for a simple reason being the internal database file only being able to hold so much info.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just discussing this on IRC, and suspicion is that it's a ram limitation (although really there's no reason it shouldn't be able to be jumped up on n3ds outside of hardcoded references such as what you've mentioned)

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just discussing this on IRC, and suspicion is that it's a ram limitation (although really there's no reason it shouldn't be able to be jumped up on n3ds outside of hardcoded references such as what you've mentioned)
Oh, yeah. Loading up the menu with a large amount of apps definitely slow the home menu down, lagging in some cases. It would be better though if Nintendo broke the directories where the apps are loaded into smaller ones so it wouldn't have to load all the data at once. I don't think they were expecting anyone to really be this dedicated to the 3DS and so they went with one. I guess if they went with two or more directories, it would break older games that use the outdated folder structure.
Ahh, Nintendo.
Btw, 1 2 8 m b b o y z

kasai07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello;

1470349516-snap005.png

1470349703-snap006.png

Last edited by kasai07,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol