Homebrew Game development

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TheFalseMirror, Jul 12, 2008.

1. TheFalseMirror
    OP

TheFalseMirror Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2008
    United States
    I want to develop a game for the NDS, but I'm stumped. I need help getting started. I downloaded devkitPro, but it does not come with a visible compiler. Can someone help me get started with this.

Other questions. How well can the DS handle 3D models? How do I create a usable 3D model for the DS? What game engines do I need? How do I use them?

I've tried the PSP, but I can't get anywhere... >.> My 3D model screwed up.

I'll need a complete explanation if someone can give me one.

Please move, mods if in wrong board.

2. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    Generally when working for a console, you need to make your own engine, I don't think many are available for the DS, if any at all.

As far as compiling goes, I believe any compiler should work as long as it's in C/C++, but don't take my word for it, check PAlib's site.

3. alephlm

alephlm Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2008
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    go to ...\PAlibTemplate, and double click in "Template.pnproj" here you can compile your program "tools >make"

About a 3D engine I don't know, I tried to make a very simply 2D game, and is much dificulty....

4. DarkRey

DarkRey still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!

Mar 9, 2007
    Croatia
    Rotating around Toni
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice