Homebrew Homebrew Development

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes i think the number of 4.x owners is not very big, thats why i hope smealum realese his exploit Soon, i own a 4.x console and a 7.x, i hope that smealum found a way to run the exploit on 7.x

He did say that for it to work on 7.x 'simply' a new entry point has to be found, since Nintendo patched the MSET bug (took them long enough tbh). And the way he said it, made it sound easier (much easier?) than the whole second-stage exploit (which SSSPWN is)
Also a small benefit from it, if the new entry point worked on older firmware's too (from 6.3 down) it would mean that nobody has to 'brick' their DS mode anymore.

Reactions: Rizzorules

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the flip side the new exploit has no kernel access which is fine for pure homebrew but throws a few other interesting ideas such as a region free hack for retail carts clear out the window...that being said If both can be ran in tandum...well maybe some cool stuff could yet come out of the 4.x exploit

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a full Eds c0mpiler s0unds g00d! if really g00d h0mebrew can be made f0r the ds then awesome brew can be made for Eds. 1i mean h0w much Eds are 0ut there in the w0rld? lets make an mm0rpg lol

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
a full Eds c0mpiler s0unds g00d! if really g00d h0mebrew can be made f0r the ds then awesome brew can be made for Eds. 1i mean h0w much Eds are 0ut there in the w0rld? lets make an mm0rpg lol
i think your keyboard is broke...or you think its k001 to replace random letters with numbers and numbers with letters......its not, you look stupid

seagal112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ported a month ago an space invaders emu. It was running modifing code of an arm9 example, so is slooooow.

And I I cant publish launcher.dat cause it has original Space invaders roms converted to .h on the code, sorry :P

fierce waffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ported a month ago an space invaders emu. It was running modifing code of an arm9 example, so is slooooow.

And I I cant publish launcher.dat cause it has original Space invaders roms converted to .h on the code, sorry :P

Publish it without the ROM and describe the method to make it ourselves?

Reactions: dubbz82

seagal112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

seagal112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
s4rk, so many many thanks!!!

tomorrow, a game boy emu. :P

Sorry for the vertical video, I made it so quicky and I have to go out of here.

Reactions: st4rk

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And thus, baby emus are being concieved to be born unto the world...

I am really excited that this is happening. My only question is what will happen to these programs when smealum releases his stuff?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am really excited that this is happening. My only question is what will happen to these programs when smealum releases his stuff?

No one knows. We don't really know what his stuff even will or won't allow. All we know for sure is it's trying to be just as anti-piracy as nintendo.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Native ARM9/11 code is, well, native, so it should run no problems on Smea's thing. It will most likely need to be recompiled however (or relinked to be exact, since now it's linked to work with ROP loader)

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it actually work with the 3ds' services api? the method of running arm11 code that was made available in here broke things.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
does it actually work with the 3ds' services api? the method of running arm11 code that was made available in here broke things.

Well, there may be a problem with the custom SD Card library used in the RAM dumper for example. But if nobody 'fixed' any of the broken services, then like I said, this is NATIVE code, so it should not matter.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are you talking about? of course it matters. the 3ds has a large set of services to use.

e: after actually looking, it looks like it's doing it the wrong way. so all you can do is run code on the arm11 without taking advantage of the cool stuff it can do.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, that's my point. which makes this not particularly interesting given that it just uses that stuff from that archive kane put on here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work