Homebrew Homebrew Development

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And none of them CAN be used by current exploit.
yeah, that's my point. which makes this not particularly interesting given that it just uses that stuff from that archive kane put on here.
What I meant is, that all currently created homebrew should work as they don't use services.
That also means, that it should be possible to add services usage to them too.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And thus, baby emus are being concieved to be born unto the world...

I am really excited that this is happening. My only question is what will happen to these programs when smealum releases his stuff?

Nothing really....his exploit should still be usable in tandum with the current exploit, so 4.xx I think will be able to run both. About the only real bumps in the road are obviously as was pointed out previously, relinking for running under his exploit, and if there's any homebrew that runs against the kernel, it will break, since he's already stated his exploit doesn't allow kernel access (though I don't think anyone's made any homebrew of this nature yet -- best case I can think is if someone was to inject a hack into the kernel itself to region free a 3ds -- this is obviously very dangerous, so no one's tried this yet to the best of my knowledge).

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so the 3ds reads C file alone? just #include <arm11.h>

Wow, to think it was that easy... Thanks, Einstein!

But why stop there, there's so much more stuff you can solve with this method:

#include <warezloader.h>
#include <html5.h>
#include <flappybird.h>

And it works just like that - amazing!

I wonder if theres a <solveworldhunger.h> and <killallannoyingkids.h>?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, to think it was that easy... Thanks, Einstein!

But why stop there, there's so much more stuff you can solve with this method:

#include <warezloader.h>
#include <html5.h>
#include <flappybird.h>

And it works just like that - amazing!

I wonder if theres a <solveworldhunger.h> and <killallannoyingkids.h>?

Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration on this topic, but you're lashing out without understanding what he was referring to. I'm willing to bet that the arm11.h in reference here is the arm11.h included in kane's code samples. He likely wasn't being ignorant, just confirming that it was all he needed to include in his own code to run in, if broken, arm11 mode. Really though, there's no need to assume the worst possible scenario when you have minimal information. In short, until proven to be deserving, don't be a dick unnecessarily, it just makes you look stupid.

Reactions: setsuya and NEP

seagal112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again, got this working.

Is a fast port of giibii, a gameboy emulator for wii and pc.

Is slow, but cause the emu is not the fastest avaliable -but is a good emu-. I think a port of gnuboy will just work full speed.

I'll publish the code later (later gateway style: maybe today, maybe next month).

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration on this topic, but you're lashing out without understanding what he was referring to. I'm willing to bet that the arm11.h in reference here is the arm11.h included in kane's code samples. He likely wasn't being ignorant, just confirming that it was all he needed to include in his own code to run in, if broken, arm11 mode. Really though, there's no need to assume the worst possible scenario when you have minimal information. In short, until proven to be deserving, don't be a dick unnecessarily, it just makes you look stupid.

Usually, I would agree with you - and sometimes I wish I had the patience of a Canadian, but reading this I doubt you are right on this one:

Do you run your own code as of now? why doesn't people code more thing for it as of now?

a full Eds c0mpiler s0unds g00d! if really g00d h0mebrew can be made f0r the ds then awesome brew can be made for Eds. 1i mean h0w much Eds are 0ut there in the w0rld? lets make an mm0rpg lol

There's a difference between educated questions and ignorant questions - I strongly believe this was the latter... Of course everyone of us started at the bottom, but provided the coders in this topic are not all bumbling idiots, his suggestion was just rude.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Is slow, but cause the emu is not the fastest avaliable -but is a good emu-. I think a port of gnuboy will just work full speed.

I'll publish the code later (later gateway style: maybe today, maybe next month).

Nice can't wait till "soon" :lol:

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, here my release, my Chip8 port on ARM11.

Github:https://github.com/St4rk/Chip8-ARM11/

It's a prototype, need more fix etc...

(Yea, with this Build.py and Launcher.dat you can compile and execute an ARM 11 code on your 3DS)

Hi st4rk,

I have some problem with your framework.

First when build.py calls append.py, can't pass arguments. I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\3DS\Chip8-ARM11-master\tools\append.py", line 7
, in <module>
with open(sys.argv[1], "rb") as file1:
IndexError: list index out of range​

probably it's some problem with the import sys statement. I solved it inserting the name of the files in append.py instead of passing it by arguments.

The second problem is that, even if your compiled file works fine, mine only clear the top left screen (missing a point in the lower left corner) then hangs.

This happens independently of the code compiled, i tried with a siple hello world too.

Probably there is something wrong in the way the script works on my system and I'm linking old code (don't know if mine or yours). Can you help me?

Regarding the CHIP 8 emulator, I made some change on your previous version and implemented loading roms from SD (still buggy but working).

If i solve the problem I'm having compiling the ARM11 version, I will port this changes to the last version and share the code.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi st4rk,

I have some problem with your framework.

First when build.py calls append.py, can't pass arguments. I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):​
File "C:\3DS\Chip8-ARM11-master\tools\append.py", line 7​
, in <module>​
with open(sys.argv[1], "rb") as file1:​
IndexError: list index out of range​

probably it's some problem with the import sys statement. I solved it inserting the name of the files in append.py instead of passing it by arguments.

The second problem is that, even if your compiled file works fine, mine only clear the top left screen (missing a point in the lower left corner) then hangs.

This happens independently of the code compiled, i tried with a siple hello world too.

Probably there is something wrong in the way the script works on my system and I'm linking old code (don't know if mine or yours). Can you help me?

Regarding the CHIP 8 emulator, I made some change on your previous version and implemented loading roms from SD (still buggy but working).

If i solve the problem I'm having compiling the ARM11 version, I will port this changes to the last version and share the code.

Hi, here my build.py:
#!/usr/bin/python
# Thanks To Kane49, St4rk
import sys
import os
import ftplib

BASE_ADDRESS = 0x080C3EE0
CC = "arm-none-eabi-gcc"
CP = "arm-none-eabi-g++"
OC = "arm-none-eabi-objcopy"
LD = "arm-none-eabi-ld"

def run(cmd):
#print cmd
os.system(cmd)

cwd = os.getcwd()
run("del obj\\*.o")
run("del *.o")
run(CC+" -I .\\include -s -g source/*.c -c -march=armv6 -mlittle-endian -O1");
run(CC+" -g source/*.s -c -march=armv6 -mlittle-endian -O1");

run(CC+" -nostdlib -T 3ds.ld *.o .\\lib\\libctru.a .\\lib\\libc.a .\\lib\\libgcc.a")
run("xcopy *.o obj\\ >NUL")

run("copy a.out bin\\homebrew.elf >NUL")
run(OC+" -O binary a.out payload.bin -S")

run(cwd+"\\tools\\kfs.py payload.bin 0x21000000");
run(cwd+"\\tools\\append.py S0.DAT kfs.bin Launcher.dat")

run("del *.out")

Work fine here lol xD

Yeah, i can help you, i will send one PM to you.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
may i ask can someone do a big favor for me.

do a simple homebrew(launcher.dat?) where it shows the text which i want.

or the code where i can compile it myself.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Very cool. Even if it's got some work before it's viably used to actually play games, that's a huge start :)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
may i ask can someone do a big favor for me.

do a simple homebrew(launcher.dat?) where it shows the text which i want.

or the code where i can compile it myself.
3ds Homebrew Stuff2 on the first page is a good start i guess. Just replace the German text in the main.c with whatever. The build instructions are on the first page as well.

Reactions: Flame

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you edit the main.c that is placed in the source folder and you compile that? how do i compile the code?? can someone please tell me?

I notice is in cpp, and i was writting in c

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, here my new big "toy", an NES emulator to 3DS, yeah, it's work(with a lot of bugys), but working.

Screen:
10247384_499777103478639_6519211787675615257_n.jpg

Video:
https://vine.co/v/Mn0bF1w6MUz
Wait for first release with Mario :D, tomorrow :D

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
hello guys..

i cant seems to compile kane49's 3DS_Homebrew_Stuff on my Ubuntu 14.04

help please. open the spoiler to see my problem.
Screenshot from 2014-04-24 23:12:27.png

EDIT:

i have spoken to Snailface he told me to install arm gcc, but that was the 1st thing i did.

than i told him it maybe because it may not be updated for 14.04 ubutnu yet.

WAT DO?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
St4rk is that going to be something we'll be able to compile other roms into? Not expecting 100% compatability of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER