zcabjjkg.jpg

Is that your 3DS ?

Klaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the size of FCRamdump payload is 0x57B0 bytes... a big one. I am asking because it dont work for me. Small payloads works fine.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
oh my, oh my !! ''this'' has nothing to do with ''that'' ,that is, one does not preclude the other. Yeah ! I want all the possibilities ! Including ''html5 games'' :lol: The end
Yes it does. There is a finite amount of talented dev hours available, especially with the limited audience 3ds scene. This is not like Android, where there are thousands of devs to write every conceivable homebrew project both ill-advised and not.

So I hope no-one wastes months out of their life writing a html5 browser just so you can play Flappy Birds at 5 fps. Lets get some good emulators, apps, and ports instead.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does. There is a finite amount of talented dev hours available, especially with the limited audience 3ds scene. This is not like Android, where there are thousands of devs to write every conceivable homebrew project both ill-advised and not.

So I hope no-one wastes months out of their life writing a html5 browser just so you can play Flappy Birds at 5 fps. Lets get some good emulators, apps, and ports instead.
Have to agree with this.. I think sadly we'll be lucky to reach a quarter of what the PSP's homebrew ecosystem had in terms of developers and support. It really is a starved scene unless something really big happens.

Reactions: Snailface

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How did you manage to apply the patches so you can run the homebrew ? Can we do it ?

With a CFW launched from the SD card like all the others but with some "adjustments". Currently based on 4.5, but 7.X is not a big problem. Basically the same as smeas CFW but with 4.5.

Everyone can do this too. It needs some reverse engineering. I can't give details about this, because it can enable everyone to pirate games without any shitty flashcard. That's not my goal and i don't support this in any way.

Reactions: tHciNc

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll repeat: I want all the possibilities ! move on mate !

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll repeat: I want all the possibilities ! move on mate !

Even if someone really invests some time into doing this (which probably no one is willing to do) - html5 games would have extremely low performance if they work at all. They wouldn't be any fun. Stop annoying everyone with this stupid suggestion, its like running Crysis on your Nokia 3210. If you make good on your statement and really do learn how to code you'll realize just how stupid and ignorant your suggestion is.

And finally: this is not the Make-A-Wish Foundation - if you want someone to code something for you, bloody pay them!

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if someone really invests some time into doing this (which probably no one is willing to do) - html5 games would have extremely low performance if they work at all. They wouldn't be any fun. Stop annoying everyone with this stupid suggestion, its like running Crysis on your Nokia 3210. If you make good on your statement and really do learn how to code you'll realize just how stupid and ignorant your suggestion is.

And finally: this is not the Make-A-Wish Foundation - if you want someone to code something for you, bloody pay them!

move on !

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
move on !
don't be like this dude. Just respect what they have to say. It sucks but it's true.

Everyone can do this too. It needs some reverse engineering. I can't give details about this, because it can enable everyone to pirate games without any shitty flashcard. That's not my goal and i don't support this in any way.
I respect that, but I think it also needs to be said the longer we try to 'protect' ourselves from something like piracy, the more we enfeeble the homebrew scene to the point where it's already losing interest in it's crippled state.

I think we should remember what our scene looks like. Homebrew is only feasible on 4.5 systems, which are growing more scarce. Of those people keeping their systems on lower firmware, much of them already have Gateways or clones. Hell, you need a DS mode flashcart anyway just to run the exploit. Piracy is already here to be frank, but now more than ever it's a distraction to efficiency too.

I personally don't care about piracy, but I think we need more tools in people's hands for the sake of a homebrew ecosystem that could use the extra interest.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I respect that, but I think it also needs to be said the longer we try to 'protect' ourselves from something like piracy, the more we enfeeble the homebrew scene to the point where it's already losing interest in it's crippled state.
I'm sure no one will lose interest in homebrew. The start of homebrew is always difficult, but it get easier.

I think we should remember what our scene looks like. Homebrew is only feasible on 4.5 systems, which are growing more scarce. Of those people keeping their systems on lower firmware, much of them already have Gateways or clones. Hell, you need a DS mode flashcart anyway just to run the exploit. Piracy is already here to be frank, but now more than ever it's a distraction to efficiency too.
The difference here is, one need to buy shady hardware from shady teams from shady shops on the internet (the last part is probably not always true). And it is not for free. A free solution can be used by everyone within minutes. and cost them nothing. And there are still enough <=4.5 3DS/XLs in some countries.

I personally don't care about piracy, but I think we need more tools in people's hands for the sake of a homebrew ecosystem that could use the extra interest.

I do. It's a bit like with the shitty html5 browser games idea. If one want it, then he should do it by themself. It's not like there will be no tools available ever. smea is working on it. If it is ready, he releases his redNAND. People need patience.

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again. Anyone manage a investigantion about 3ds NAND decrypt? I know that if gba, nds, wii and other nintendo videogame uses lz (lz77 or lzss too much names for the same thing:glare:) why 3ds can´t?

Any look into games(eshop), roms or NAND backups?

Seriously, PDJ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, wut