Homebrew channel keeps restarting Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sano614, Feb 21, 2011.

1. sano614
    OP

sano614 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Hi all - I'm having an issue with my Wii. Whenever I hit the Homebrew channel, it will just restart my Wii. I have tried reinstalling it several times via bannerbomb / hackmii, and each time it will install and work initially until I quit a game, or reboot the system then it will not work anymore.

I am on firmware 3.1U. I'm unable to update it to the latest version as my DVD drive is dead. I have also formatted the Wii, but that did not help fix the issue either.

This all started when I was trying to play New Super Mario Bro's, but it wouldn't load, and I tried to install IOS 53 via DOP IOS MOD and I'm guess that messed it up..

Am I sol? Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

2. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    best thing you could do is use ModMii sticky and then rehack wii go t0 a 4.xx system menu if you want sdhc support just run the wizard in modmii and tell it your wii is a virgine thenk follow the guide generated for you

3. sano614
    OP

sano614 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Thanks, I will try that.

I saw that you could manually update your Wii to 4.2, so I did and that didn't work either. Will try the Modmii that you suggested.

Thanks!

4. sano614
    OP

sano614 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Thank you very much, scooby. I am back up and running now. The only "downfall" is that Boot Mii starts first, but everything is working again. I'm sure I can figure out how to set it so that doesn't start first.

Thank you! [​IMG]

5. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    yep no prob ModMii rules for modding and fixing wii's too it seems

the bootmii thing can be done i dont remember how right off hand

6. OverjoY

OverjoY GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2010
    Netherlands