Homebrew Homebrew Applications Can't Connect To Internet

lisalover1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem with 2 different homebrew applications that connect to the internet. First off, the apps are: Visual Novel Reader for DS v1.5, and GameUp v3.0. It always starts by saying "Wifi Init", and saying it is connected to the router's connection, but it is never able to connect. It always freezes on 'Connecting to Internet". I haven't DLDI-patched either of these applications, but I have a CycloDS Evolution, so I shouldn't need to. Any ideas on what I should do?

GolemdX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
parashep.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if CycloDS Evolution supports it (I haven't read much about it), but if you have a DSi and your wireless connection is WPA encrypted, homebrew won't be able to connect.

If you're NOT on a DSi, I don't know what the problem could be...

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
Couple of questions lisalover1:
- Have you set up WiFi using a Retail game (Mario cart etc)? - if not do it
- Is your WiFi SSID hidden? - if it is unhide it as Homebrew can't 'see' hidden SSIDs
- Try dropping all encryption from your router as a test.
- Try giving your DS a fixed IP address and named DNS servers.

Sykes19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this same problem, and I read everywhere I could about it.

I use a DSi with the M3i Zero, and every single homebrew app I've tried that uses wifi either freezes like you say, or gives an error. The actual wifi hardware is different on the DSi, which is why DS mode applications can't use it unless it's designed for it (from what I've read).

Basically, using a DSi for homebrew really sucks right now until a DSi Mode hack is released. Until then, we're in the same boat. Sorry bud, but it won't work.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried this with WEP, WPA, and an open access point, and it's all the same. DSi + DS homebrew = problems.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got a few apps (BeUp 5, Bunjallo 0.77, SMS Center) to run on a DSi with an M3i Zero, I've run them from TouchPod to DLDI patch them and then the apps work fine on Sakura, the only app that is not connecting to internet is VoiceChat, it comes with 3 .nds files and none of them work, also tried using an Acekard2i, still no go for that only app, if you give a link of the apps you are having problems I could do some test on my DSi...!!
smile.gif

DSi
M3i Zero, Sakura 1.43 and touchPod (latest, don't remember)
Acekard2i, AKAIO 1.5
D-Link WBR-1310 router with WEP enabled

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr