Homebrew App Store 2.1 released

hbappstore.png

Do you own a modded Switch or a Wii U? Would you like to get your homebrew directly to your console? If you answered yes to both questions then you most likely already know about @vgmoose and Team 4TU's Homebrew App Store and if not, it's a great time to give it a shot!

The new version 2.1 is available for both of the aforementioned consoles and delivers a good number of improvements. For starters, you can expect faster downloads as well as a new miscellaneous category for homebrew apps, while platform-specific Switch additions include a smoother UI thanks to hardware accelerated rendering, a new category dedicated to themes (with the ability to install them once downloaded) and being able to launch NROs after installing them. Of course, there are also several Wii U-specific improvements as well: a search function has been added, more details are available for each package, the code was synced with the Switch version of the hb-appstore (so you'll be able to enjoy some features and enhancements perviously exclusive to that version) and a few others.

Those are just some of the highlights - if you're interested in reading about all that's available in this version, the full changelog is available below!

Switch:
  • new theme category + allow theme installation
  • NRO launching after installation
  • uses GPU to render (smoother)
Both:
  • faster downloads
  • can actually exit with minus button
  • misc category added
Wii U:
  • synced with switch codebase! Now using SDL2
  • can search now!
  • can control without touch screen
  • can scroll and read more details about packages (size, changelog, etc)
  • can install files anywhere on SD (Retroarch, haxchi, etc updated)
  • sort apps, smoother scrolling, and other quality of life things from syncing with Switch
The PC build has also started migrating to Buck + Buckaroo for building and dependency management. It is my long term goal to use the same Buck configuration to compile across all platforms!

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp threads: Switch / Wii U

Last edited by RattletraPM,

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had to revert to my clean nand, can someone tell me if it still uses the same music from like on the Wii U?
Nice work, I loved it on the Wii U, it's good to see it coming back on the Switch ♥

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been wondering this for awhile, will since the app first released, I can’t seem to figure this out when I use the app is there a way to exit the app without going to the switch home menu, want to know if it’s possible to exit back to homebrew browser.

T-B0ne308

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

I recently modded my switch and everything is perfect, the only issue im having is HB App Store works. But only via the touch screen none of the joy con buttons work when in the app (besides the home button)

Small annoyance but i would prefer to fix it if i can?

Ant ideas?

Everything is at its latestd version including the switches firmware 9.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4